Bump on lip

Dillon C.

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - Veiled chameleon Male 2 months old had him for about 2 weeks
  • Handling - Maybe once a week for like 30 seconds
  • Feeding - Crickets as many as he will eat usually around 8 gutloading with a frozen gutload
  • Supplements - lightly with cal w/o d3 every feeding cal with d3 twice a month and multivitamins twice month
  • Watering - Hand misting, the humidity here is always really hight like 60 usually so I mist every 3 hours about for about a minute
  • Fecal Description - His urates are pretty much completely white and the poop itself is moist and compact
  • History - None

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - 2x2x4 homemade screen cage
  • Lighting - basking bulb and reptisun UVB 5.0 bulb from 7-7
  • Temperature - About 29 at basking 24 ish at the bottom I have a heat gun to measure the temps
  • Humidity - Around 60%
  • Plants - One live plant croton and 2 fake ones
  • Placement - in the corner near the window on top of a table
  • Location - Nova Scotia, Canada

Current Problem - There is a small bump on his mouth that wasn't there this morning I'm really not sure where it came from and he won't let me get a good look at it he keeps hiding in the back and won't come onto my hand.
bump.PNG

Id say a vet visit is in order. It couldve been a bite from a feeder that got infected or any other number of things. The vet should be able to test it and give you the appropriate care instructions.

Back
Top Bottom