Bumble Bee feeder

Highway61

Chameleon Enthusiast
I've seen here where they are safe to feed but curious about their nutritional value. I haven't ever included pollen in my cham's diet so I can see some valure there. We have a flowering bush my wife calls "hot lips" that all the little pollenators love including humming birds. It's just too easy get a bumble bee and though there is no shortage of them, I still hate taking them. So my question I guess is, are they nutrition value slight or significant?

I've seen here where they are safe to feed but curious about their nutritional value. I haven't ever included pollen in my cham's diet so I can see some valure there. I love honey and bumble bees but we have flowering bush my wife calls "hot lips" that all the little pollenators love including humming birds. It's just too easy get a bumble bee and though there is no shortage of them, I still hate taking them. So my question I guess is, are they nutrition value slight or significant?
stinger......?

My cham has been getting a fat, bumblebee about every other day (gotta love summer!) If he could talk, he'd say "keep 'em coming". I love the bumblebees for other reasons :) so it does bother me a bit to take them.

I actually just had an ad pop up not long ago for an at home bee kit. I think it might be leaf cutter bees… But I’m not 100% certain.

You can order their cocoons and a house (like those for carpentry bees). Seeing as I have a hard time keeping any feeder where it supposed to be… Raising a bunch of bees in my house just doesn’t seem like a good idea to me. But I did think about it for a hot minute…

I think any type of stinger flying insect would be gutloaded really good due to their nectar food. The bumble bee has a stinger and will bite. If that doesnt worry you , go head and use them, the cham will benefit from them.

I think any type of stinger flying insect would be gutloaded really good due to their nectar food. The bumble bee has a stinger and will bite. If that doesnt worry you , go head and use them, the cham will benefit from them.
I just fed 2 to my panther, he seemed happy enough.

yeah, they probably wouldn't hurt them, just a warning to be careful, but in the wild, no one is watching them and they do fine taking care of theirselves.

Back
Top Bottom