Bulging eyes ?

MangoTango

Established Member
So my cham’s eyes bulged out of her head for a few seconds, literally looked as if they were going to pop off I was so scared. but once she saw me they both went back to normal in a matter of 2 seconds, and she’s been acting normal since. she had complete control of it. just cleaning them? or something else ?

It is scary when they do that bulging!
it really is ! I jumped ! I used to have betta fish and when they got dropsy and other conditions their eyes looked just like that ! so at first I was like wait this isn’t a fish why is she doing that 😂

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 63
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 66
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 61
Her eyes look fine!
Watch her diet and don't over feed her so she won't produce huge clutches though. I assume she has a laybin in her cage?

Her eyes look fine!
Watch her diet and don't over feed her so she won't produce huge clutches though. I assume she has a laybin in her cage?
she has laid once before, in march! I can’t keep the lay bin in there because there isn’t room for her favorite plant, but once she’s receptive again I will def put it in

edit: since she kept her colors, how will I know when she’s receptive again? will those spots turn bright yellow again like the first time ?

Last edited:
Veiled a lay eggs about every 130 days....so if she laid them at the beginning of March...that means she could lay them near the beginning of July.

Once they have been on the "diet" and kept at the temperatures we suggest they will either lay less eggs or none at all.

Back
Top Bottom