Building my cages.. good news and bad news..

Yessir.... it was recommended... I did a good amount of research and emailed the owner...and the price was right...seemed like the best option at the end of the day...

yeah thats what im gonna get once i get my racks and drainage all setup...im still hand misting which is a pain in the ass haha...but yeah, i heard its better than some, not gonna mention any names, but it doesnt have cheap parts from china...also, its from a NC company, so we gotta represent haha

Yeah... I'm all for supporting local businesses....and the price was right.... I emailed w the owner... he was fast in getting back, and helpful.... I read some feedback and all was good....the only downside so far was since its in state I payed the tax... but even still.. w what I ordered it kept me under budget.... shipped today so ill have first hand experience :)

Yeah... I'm all for supporting local businesses....and the price was right.... I emailed w the owner... he was fast in getting back, and helpful.... I read some feedback and all was good....the only downside so far was since its in state I payed the tax... but even still.. w what I ordered it kept me under budget.... shipped today so ill have first hand experience :)

did you get the imtermediate kit or the bigger pump?...thats the only complete kit listed on the site, but ive seen a beginner one listed on kingsnake i think...probably just 1 nozle with that one though

did you get the imtermediate kit or the bigger pump?...thats the only complete kit listed on the site, but ive seen a beginner one listed on kingsnake i think...probably just 1 nozle with that one though

I got the intermediate kit... came w 2 nozzles... runs up to 15 set ups.... so I added that and a garden hose connection so I can run outside as well... The site is a little tricky... but its the complete set up... I'm anxiously awaiting... ill let you know.exactly.how.it.goes... and i think I may order another for the frog set ups...

I think any1 who had ever built a custom cage has had issues like this... ... *speaking from experience :p

Yep... I'd have to agree... especially me... every animal project I've ever done turns out that way... :D. But I'm always satisfied in the end when.the animal is comfortable and happy...

Well... some slight progress today.... I got some vines Hung & strung... some of the pothos are up.... I still have a potted Croton to go in the bottom of each cage as well as a bigger pothos up top in each.... gonna add some branches and fill them in a good bit more tomorrow...... Hoping to build the table w drainage sometime in the next 2-3 days... misting system should be here Monday..... and the Chams come home on Friday or Saturday.... impatient... and excited.... :)

Attachments

• IMAG2097.jpg
    IMAG2097.jpg
    253.4 KB · Views: 119
Well... some slight progress today.... I got some vines Hung & strung... some of the pothos are up.... I still have a potted Croton to go in the bottom of each cage as well as a bigger pothos up top in each.... gonna add some branches and fill them in a good bit more tomorrow...... Hoping to build the table w drainage sometime in the next 2-3 days... misting system should be here Monday..... and the Chams come home on Friday or Saturday.... impatient... and excited.... :)

Very nice and clean looking!! I bet your chameleons will love those plants :D

Also, how are you hanging those plants? Is that with leftover screen you had?

Very nice and clean looking!! I bet your chameleons will love those plants :D

Also, how are you hanging those plants? Is that with leftover screen you had?

It's actually an idea I out & out just blatantly stole. :) wish I could take credit..... its actually black plastic gutterguard from lowes.... costs a few.dollars... but I really like it... slice a few places and rest the cup/pot in and there ya go.... I attached a picture of what it looks like... I loosened the top of the cage from the sides.. slid it up and used zip ties to keep it in place. Just zip tie so it doesn't fall through... so the bigger pothos I have will replace these smaller ones... filling the cage out pretty well...

Attachments

• IMAG2104.jpg
    IMAG2104.jpg
    255.2 KB · Views: 152
Very nice and clean looking!! I bet your chameleons will love those plants

And thanks BTW. :) I'm kinda happy w the progress... but still overly.critical...lol

Here's a pic of the actual product....

Attachments

• IMAG2102.jpg
    IMAG2102.jpg
    261.6 KB · Views: 118
Up and running... Gonna add some branches.. so far so good... A little prob keeping humidity up...

Attachments

• 12121212.jpg
    12121212.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 123
Back
Top Bottom