Building a custom enclosure (work log)

Just one question:
I am using a Sun-Glo spotlight lamp of 75w. At the basking spot, where Perseus usually sits, which it happens to be almost the top of where he could sit, it is around 30°C (85°F).

Should I use a 100w ? Room temp doesn't fall bellow 18°C (65°F)

85 is good for a juvenile you can bump it up when he gets older

Juvenile temps are good between 81 and 84ish. I kept my temps at a solid 82 until my veiled got older. Check the threads on specific temps for specific ages. Also, make sure you test the temps at the closest point to the light your cham can get. (They tend to hang out near the light occasionally, they can get burns so just keep an eye out for that.)

Your cage looks stunning by the way; I'm very jealous. :)

thats is awsome i hope that when my little girl gets older i can bulid a cage even half that good congrats to you and you new little budy

That seems like a really great environment that you have created. Nicely done!

Your cage looks stunning by the way; I'm very jealous.

85 is good for a juvenile you can bump it up when he gets older

thats is awsome i hope that when my little girl gets older i can bulid a cage even half that good congrats to you and you new little budy
Thank you all. Keep in mind, that I am no carpenter, nor any kind of craftsman. This piece of work has many flaws, but enough love :)

Juvenile temps are good between 81 and 84ish. I kept my temps at a solid 82 until my veiled got older. Check the threads on specific temps for specific ages. Also, make sure you test the temps at the closest point to the light your cham can get. (They tend to hang out near the light occasionally, they can get burns so just keep an eye out for that.)
Yes, I read about that. He is in safe distance for now. As he grows old, I will cut some branches in order to keep him in safe distance from the lamp. If I cannot do that (because he probably could hang on the mesh), I will put a protector on that lamp.

We need to live for a weekend. My Perseus is 4 months old, and when we will leave, he will be 5. What should we do during our absence since there is none available to come and feed him ? :confused:

He has started hunting himself, but he eats from a cup too.

Lately, the last 3 days, his colors are somehow desaturated... (1st and 2nd photos, the other two are older) Should I be worried about something?

The color changing from dark sometimes to light I find is normal. Ozzie does the same thing when he is outside sometimes he will turn a darker color and most the other times he is bright green/blue. Then when he is super excited over certain food he will show his pattern really well.

Lucky Cham to have such a nice habitat.....love it and your Cham looks fantastic.

Hey dad, look, I am getting bigger and FAT :D

Is it normal for him to eat 6-8 big grasshoppers per day? Sometimes he even wants more... :eek:

Looks like that little guy is loving life.... plenty of natural sunlight .... his colors look great and he looks healthy.... Congrats ..and well done

Back
Top Bottom