BSFL and worm questions!!

Hello! I recently rescued a 5 month old veiled chameleon, and I just got an order of BSFL! I would ideally like for some of them to turn into moths, however I don’t know the first step of doing that. I was thinking to just put the container they came in in his cage and plucking a few larvae out every meal so I don’t all of a sudden have 50 moths in his home. Any suggestions? Also is it a bad idea to just put the container of larvae in there? :) Thankyou!

Hello! I recently rescued a 5 month old veiled chameleon, and I just got an order of BSFL! I would ideally like for some of them to turn into moths, however I don’t know the first step of doing that. I was thinking to just put the container they came in in his cage and plucking a few larvae out every meal so I don’t all of a sudden have 50 moths in his home. Any suggestions? Also is it a bad idea to just put the container of larvae in there? :) Thankyou!
Also, how should I store super worms and waxworks? (I will be feeding him these in moderation, the vet said he needed to gain weight. His previous owners didn’t care for him much)

BSFL don't turn into moths they turn into flies. you may be confusing these with waxworms that do turn into moths. here is a good video.

Also, how should I store super worms and waxworks? (I will be feeding him these in moderation, the vet said he needed to gain weight. His previous owners didn’t care for him much)
Superworms should be stored at room temperature. There's been discussion as to whether or not to keep them in a medium, so check the archives.
Waxworms should be stored similarly to BSFL—cool (55-60F) but do not refrigerate.
storing waxworms

Back
Top Bottom