brookesia stumpffi eggs! !help please

Bcurrie2

Hello there,
I was wondering if you could give me any info on brookesia stumpffi. I received one a couple months ago that was sold to me as a male. This morning I found eggs!! And she still looks gravid. I know that she was housed with others so these eggs could be fertile. So I have a few questions because I am totally caught off guard. If you can help me out it would be greatly appreciated.
*Is it OK to just leave the eggs be and they'll hatch on their own?
*is it possible that she will lay more?
*how long is incubation?

And any other info you have to offer would be great.
Thanks in advance,
Brittany

Hello there,
I was wondering if you could give me any info on brookesia stumpffi. I received one a couple months ago that was sold to me as a male. This morning I found eggs!! And she still looks gravid. I know that she was housed with others so these eggs could be fertile. So I have a few questions because I am totally caught off guard. If you can help me out it would be greatly appreciated.
*Is it OK to just leave the eggs be and they'll hatch on their own?
Congrats! Yes it is OK to leave the eggs alone. However it is not the recommended procedure. I would peronally get some vermiculite and put them in an incubator to maintain proper humidity and temperature.
*is it possible that she will lay more?
How many eggs did she lay? They lay very small clutches, with 6 being on the high end.

They are known for retaining sperm so it is possible for her to lay another clutch in 30 days or so.

*how long is incubation?
Gestation is 30ish days, and incubation all depends on what temperature you maintain them at. Anywhere from 50-70ish days

And any other info you have to offer would be great.
Thanks in advance,
Brittany
If you want to talk in more detail please shoot me a PM

Back
Top Bottom