Brookesia perarmata

I just want to break down and cry when I look at these pics knowing I will never probably have them again. I sold my group of perarmata when I went off for college and now I regret every second of it. College was far from worth it and these pictures don't do the chameleons justice.

ONce again the one and only Brookesia perarmata

brookesia_perarmata_1.1_thumb.jpg

brookesia_perarmata_3_thumb.jpg

brookesia_perarmata_4_thumb.jpg

brookesia_perarmata_5_thumb.jpg

brookesia_perarmata_1_thumb.jpg

brookesia_perarmata_thumb.jpg

It is truly sad what the country of Madagascar has done to this chameleon. QUIT DESTROYING THE FOREST FOR CHARCOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I used to have one as well. They are so unique among the pygmy leaf chameleons with their rock hard scales. Do you have any larger pics you could post?

They are currently the only appendix one chameleon if that says anything. Wow that saddens me even more and to think no one tried to captive propagate these because there were so many available. I shouldn't say no one because there is one group of ten still left but there life cycle keeps them from reproducing enough and soon the gene pool will be too small for the one group left.

IT SUCKS!

I remember when I first got into the hobby about 15 yrs ago. I still saw them quite often for sale. They were sooo cheap back then. I wish now I had gotten some and worked with them. Too late now, they are by far my favorite pygmy species. Its a true shame that people didnt get captive projects started back when it was possible. Thats why we should all strive to produce quality pure locale captive bred chams. We never know when the imports are going to stop.

wow i cant believe they are not still around through captive breeding i had 2 and they were some of the healthiest chameleons i had the pleasure of owning ...... i only had two females ...............

no one in another country has any im shocked ?

there are some in Europe illegally from Madagascar.

From what I understand there is one group here in the U.S still but the group is suffering from lack of genetic diversity. The problem with other countries having them is that they are appendix I. now so they are not even allowed to cross state lines with out proper permits let alone be imported/exported. This would require a zoo and I have been stressing the utmost importance to my zoo recently about this particular species and a few other brookesia that will be extinct in probably around 10 years at the rate Madagascar is being deforested.

I remember when I first got into the hobby about 15 yrs ago. I still saw them quite often for sale. They were sooo cheap back then. I wish now I had gotten some and worked with them. Too late now, they are by far my favorite pygmy species. Its a true shame that people didnt get captive projects started back when it was possible. Thats why we should all strive to produce quality pure locale captive bred chams. We never know when the imports are going to stop.

Amen brother "PURE LOCALE CAPTIVE BRED CHAMELEONS"

Amen brother "PURE LOCALE CAPTIVE BRED CHAMELEONS"

That's what I do!! As a Bearded Pygmy Cham breeder I can tell you that the reason people don't actively breed any type of Pygmies is beacuse they don't sell for much. It is sad to say but most people don't want to go thru the hassle of breeding if they can't make a nice profit. :( SAVE THE PYGMIES!!!

That's what I do!! As a Bearded Pygmy Cham breeder I can tell you that the reason people don't actively breed any type of Pygmies is beacuse they don't sell for much. It is sad to say but most people don't want to go thru the hassle of breeding if they can't make a nice profit. :( SAVE THE PYGMIES!!!

I admit Im in that boat. I'd love to expand my projects to inc. some montanes and less common species. The problem is who's gonna buy my cb babies and can I even cover my expenses by selling the offspring? Ive watched a cpl of members on here try to sell their offspring and it was a shame the prices they had to drop them too before they would sell. And these were beautiful cb montanes that were healthy and would thrive and breed for you. It just makes no sense ppl will buy the wc's just to save a few bucks and pass on the more exp cb animals. And these guys were priced competitively with wc's, we're talking less than 40.00 more than wc's were going for in that species. So when everyone on here says they are all for saving the chams and their habitat. Buy cb first! If you can handle a cb pair and need genetic diversity for your breeding lines. Then go out and find a wc or two to help keep inbreeding at bay. ;)

why was I only a baby when these were readily available??? saddening to think that such amazing animals and species mean naught compared to the almighty dollar...

Back
Top Bottom