Bring cham inside or not

spottea

We're having a nasty heatwave here in Socal. It was over 90 yesterday, so I brought Pico and her cage inside and put it in the bathtub. It was cooler, but she was not happy, didn't eat, and just hung out in her vine.
Today, it's going to be a tad cooler, 88 apparently. Should I bring her in again, stressing her out, or leave her outside, with plenty of shade? I'm going to be gone all morning, but will be home before it turns really vile, so I can mist her frequently.
Sorry I'm repeating the post I did last night, but I need some advice!
Pico is my 6 month old Jackson, who's already had a traumatic week, because I've been handling her in order to get antibiotics into her. So,this heat thing is just adding to her stress, and mine.
On a positive note, I have found a lot of dopey flies that were easy to catch, so at least she's had a treat!

Thanks ataraxia. That's a weight off my mind. I just got home, it's still very hot, and she was in some leaves gaping a bit. But her colour was much better than when she spent the afternoon in the bathroom. So, I gave her a good misting, put the schefflera back (couldn't carry the cage with that in it! ) and will hopefully get the misting system up and running today.

Back
Top Bottom