Bright Spots

JHumm

A few months ago I noticed a spot on my veiled chameleon's side that doesn't change color. It's bright green, the same color he would exhibit if he were sleeping. He will go through is day changing colors like normal but that spot stays the same. I thought nothing of it at first until this morning I noticed a new spot on his casque. I was just wondering if anyone has seen this sort of skin spot before. I'll try to upload some pictures soon.

I believe what your talking about is normal except for the casque. I think we need to see those pictures to know more.

its hard to see the spot on his side. its small and back from his shoulder. This new one is pretty noticeable on the top of his casque

Attachments

• IMG_0363.JPG
    IMG_0363.JPG
    240.8 KB · Views: 191
  • IMG_0365.JPG
    IMG_0365.JPG
    198.9 KB · Views: 241
Hmm, the fact that its new makes me question if it might be a mild thermal burn. A classic place for one, but if it is, it can easily heal with a bit of attention. What is the basking temp right where he sits? Remember, a veiled's casque is closer than the body so might over heat sooner. I'm not certain though. Worth a check of your temps just to be on the safe side.

Used an infrared thermometer on his basking stick and it varies from 86-92. I have the bulb a good 4-5 inches above the roof of the cage in thoughts to avoid burns.

Attachments

• IMG_0367.JPG
    IMG_0367.JPG
    232 KB · Views: 164
It is a higher wattage bulb though. 125W. Couldn't seem to get the basking temp high enough with lower wattage bulbs.
I just touched the screen just below the bulb and its warm, but not nearly hot enough to give a burn by contact.

Yeah I've never seen shed look like that before. The picture makes it look that way but it is bright yellow. I hope it isn't a burn and is just the way he is. It doesn't seem to bother him when I touch it.

The one on his side looks like it's part of his lateral line, and the one on the casque looks a little weird. However I don't think it's anything to worry about. If it spreads or gets worse might want to consider letting a reptile vet take a look.

Back
Top Bottom