Breeding problem

Serbianchameleon

Chameleon Enthusiast
So I tried to day to breed my panthers. My male was in my females enclosure all day and I think nothing happened. When I cam home he was all puffed up next to her. She is not rejecting him actually he is walking around him all day and he looks scared.. Any tips? Is it possible that he’s bot a breeding type like that he’s kinda gay lol?
7B431C71-2F2D-4C38-919A-786C4C7CB848.jpeg

So I tried to day to breed my panthers. My male was in my females enclosure all day and I think nothing happened. When I cam home he was all puffed up next to her. She is not rejecting him actually he is walking around him all day and he looks scared.. Any tips? Is it possible that he’s bot a breeding type like that he’s kinda gay lol?View attachment 320090
Just a few quick things. Try not to leave them alone together. You won’t know if they get together, and they could get pissy and hurt each other. For reluctant pairs, try a neutral setting like a large ficus outside of the enclosures.

Just a few quick things. Try not to leave them alone together. You won’t know if they get together, and they could get pissy and hurt each other. For reluctant pairs, try a neutral setting like a large ficus outside of the enclosures.
I have a huge tree in my room next door I could place them there. Thank you.

Sometimes they're just not interested, it seems; one of my dudes was 3 yeas old before he showed any interest in breeding! He also didn't (and often still won't) get fired up even if he sees other males. He's more likely to get feisty and/or frisky in spring/summer than mid winter though...

Back
Top Bottom