Breeding Crickets

Haley Hendrix

Avid Member
I only have one little guy, but since hes a baby he eats 15+ feeders daily. I only order my feeders and crickets die off fast. So, instead of having to order them every other week id like to breed them. I've read a little bit about it, but i assume that many people of the forums have had success breeding them and more knowledge to the subject. How do yall do it?

I know, I dont like crickets but he seems to love them. I tried Dubia and Discoid but he looked at them and turned around.?
Yep, hes one of Janns.

I know, I dont like crickets but he seems to love them. I tried Dubia and Discoid but he looked at them and turned around.?
Yep, hes one of Janns.
I honestly would not start breeding them. You will be starting the process of reducing feeders soon. And once he hits 12 months he should only be getting 2-4 feeders every other day depending on what feeders your feeding. Did you get a mentor?

I only have one little guy, but since hes a baby he eats 15+ feeders daily. I only order my feeders and crickets die off fast. So, instead of having to order them every other week id like to breed them. I've read a little bit about it, but i assume that many people of the forums have had success breeding them and more knowledge to the subject. How do yall do it?
I tried breeding em. Learned allot from it & now that ive researched and watched vids on YouTube ect. I really dont have anymore die offs. But I wouldn’t do it again unless i was breeding and had a bunch o babies to look after its allot of work though. One thing that stuck out was warmer temps will allow for faster growth you have to research what that temp is, dry cricket food recipes ect.

I tried breeding crickets about 10 years ago. I got eggs, but I could not get them to hatch. They do smell very bad though.

If anything I’d breed roaches. I don’t have much personal experience with roaches due to issues getting my colony started and then just giving up.

I tried breeding crickets about 10 years ago. I got eggs, but I could not get them to hatch. They do smell very bad though.

If anything I’d breed roaches. I don’t have much personal experience with roaches due to issues getting my colony started and then just giving up.
I’ve tried dubias and discoids. He just look at then and turned around. I cup feed so he could see them. I may try a few more type. He loves crickets though. I don’t like that they smell terrible but there bugs.

I tried breeding em. Learned allot from it & now that ive researched and watched vids on YouTube ect. I really dont have anymore die offs. But I wouldn’t do it again unless i was breeding and had a bunch o babies to look after its allot of work though. One thing that stuck out was warmer temps will allow for faster growth you have to research what that temp is, dry cricket food recipes ect.
Interesting. Thank you.

red runners bro !! you wont be disappointed !
I’ll look into it, thank you.
Crickets are a PITA to breed and not worth it for 1 Cham. I would go with breeding silkworms as @MissSkittles said.
I dislike crickets very much. I’ve had many escapes that i find in my bathroom or crawling in the guest bedroom( that’s where there container is). Thank you for your input.

Back
Top Bottom