Breeder Sold Me A Chameleon With A Parasite

The OP's vet seems to be considering amoebic dysentery of some sort. These are not typically normal gut flora.

:-( sounds awful. If that's the case, im hoping that's not a consistent problem, for my sake.
Just posting my more recent experience with chameleon paradise and parasite testing from my vets perspective. I hate this happened to anyone.

The OP's vet seems to be considering amoebic dysentery of some sort. These are not typically normal gut flora.
I really want to let this go, but I did read up on E. invadens, and clearly that is a nastier beast than I gave credit. I'm sorry if I minimized that. Ugly bug there. Nothing to mess around about.

#1 that guy is a huge asshole #2 you should spam until he responds or try and get ahold of people who have bought chams from him and see if they have a parasite also

Really? IMHO, spamming and ferreting out any other customers to find any other of his chams with parasites in order to hurt the breeder might give someone a brief sense of "Gotcha" but it isn't going to produce much good other than that. So many parasites are so common in our environments and in our feeders it might be equally as hard to find chams with NO parasites! Yes, that breeder was uncaring and uncivil by not responding to your concerns....not a great way to conduct business, but unless the breeder is trying to cover up mass mortality from all the so-called infected sick chams they produce, I think this would end up going nowhere. I'm sorry you lost your cham, really, but there are a lot of unknowns that could have contributed to it.

Really? IMHO, spamming and ferreting out any other customers to find any other of his chams with parasites in order to hurt the breeder might give someone a brief sense of "Gotcha" but it isn't going to produce much good other than that. So many parasites are so common in our environments and in our feeders it might be equally as hard to find chams with NO parasites! Yes, that breeder was uncaring and uncivil by not responding to your concerns....not a great way to conduct business, but unless the breeder is trying to cover up mass mortality from all the so-called infected sick chams they produce, I think this would end up going nowhere. I'm sorry you lost your cham, really, but there are a lot of unknowns that could have contributed to it.
thats pretty much what i was going for.. and it was a half joke the second part is what you should have done

Back
Top Bottom