Breaking a bad drinking habit

Crossingtami

Avid Member
My karma will only drink from an eye dropper. I've never seen him drink. I've tried moist leaves, dripper plant, water bottle with pin hole. He comes over to dropper if he is thirsty. Haven't let him go a day without doing this bc I'm afraid he will dehydrate. His urates are white and normal. Can I break him of this habit? If so, how to go about doing this?

I've never had that problem...but maybe if you use the dropper and as he's drinking from the dropper, drip water on the very end of his nose he will figure out to look for the drips?

My karma will only drink from an eye dropper. I've never seen him drink. I've tried moist leaves, dripper plant, water bottle with pin hole. He comes over to dropper if he is thirsty. Haven't let him go a day without doing this bc I'm afraid he will dehydrate. His urates are white and normal. Can I break him of this habit? If so, how to go about doing this?
Many chameleons are very secretive about drinking. Only once have I seen one of mine take a petite sip.

My chams are also closet drinkers. Odds are i see them drinking only a few times in their lives, all have health urates.

Same here I’v never seen ether one of my panthers drink, going on 3 years and their cages are in the living room.

Kaizen needs an intervention!

Since the urates are white then at least you know your chameleon is getting enough water.

b38obdqtzfe51.jpg

I’m a closet drinker too...except I’m not secret about it, and I’m usually obviously loaded.
Then... you're not a closet drinker—just a drinker. ?‍♂️

My karma will only drink from an eye dropper. I've never seen him drink.
If you've never seen him drink, then how do you know?
There may be some obscure "chameleon reason" he's attracted to the dropper.

My dog may drink a whole bowl of water (or more) from his bowl in the kitchen, but if he goes out and there's water in the bowl on the porch, he'll always drink that too, because (as everyone knows) "porch water" tastes better than house water—even though it's the same water in the same kind of bowl. ?‍♂️ :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom