Brave Heart Jackson Update

SaintJimmy

Avid Member
If you have been wondering about my little buddy with the "cleft lip" and wonky horn

l0d9TYhl.jpg

pazFrogl.jpg

He's just hanging out :)

WGcBXSgl.jpg

jWzfB2ql.jpg

Put my camera inside the cage, you can see the missing scale he's had since I rescued him. My guess has always been it was bitten off by a cricket.

uiXXHRul.jpg

eNxQ5KBl.jpg

Overall he seems a lot happier since he has been getting extra special care from me when I'm here at this house. I make sure to water him at least twice a day and he drinks for up to 4 minutes total every day. He gorges himself.

Also, he eats some superworms and crickets and dubias a day now. I just have to be very patient when feeding him... He takes FOREVER of staring at it to actually eat it. And once he DOES get it in his mouth, (unless it's a superworm) he just kind of sits there with it hanging 1/2 way out and stares at me like "what".

Until I give him a warm mist shower and he starts to chew.

:) He is doing much better.

I may have also found a home for him. A man is coming by maybe this weekend to purchase him and give him a good home.

As much as I love him, my original promise to everyone (including my parents) was to foster him! I am so glad I got to keep him away from that horrible pet store and he would have died there.

I will give the "new keeper" rigorous questioning... I will not just give him away to someone who does not have proper stuff. If he does not, I will say he cannot buy Brave Heart without the cage, too.

So there is my plan. I love you little Brave.

why cant you keep him again? Sorry to hear that you have to let him go. and yea, you make sure the guy knows his stuff. You should also make it a requirement for him to be on the forums (hopefully this is where you got in contact.)

Best of luck.

why cant you keep him again? Sorry to hear that you have to let him go. and yea, you make sure the guy knows his stuff. You should also make it a requirement for him to be on the forums (hopefully this is where you got in contact.)

Best of luck.

My father does not wish to have so many pets, so sadly, that is the reason I must only "foster him".

He was going to let me keep him (and I do pay for most of the stuff) but he is tired of keeping care of him while I am gone

Are you getting a new Cham once him and Monty are sold? I do wish I could grab the lil guy off of ya, to expensive though:(

Are you getting a new Cham once him and Monty are sold? I do wish I could grab the lil guy off of ya, to expensive though:(

I decided 100$ for cage, lights, timer, and cham, and then 45$ for the little guy alone.

I'd LOVE him to go to someone from the forums, and plus I ran into you at the last reptile convention, so that's a plus.

I will buy from Dr. O once they are rehomed.

I need to finish multiple projects before I have the ultimate chameleon setup... I need to finish the top to my stand, get a calendar for supplement reasons, get a good grow light, possibly a backing with planters in it, some velcro-attached shower curtain, a mistking, etc.

Then I will buy from Dr. O.

If you get another cham from Dr O. won't you run into the same problem with your father having to take care of him while you are gone??? I am not understanding getting rid of him and then getting another one. I am glad you have given him a new lease on life and I hope whoever gets him will give him the tlc he needs.

adorable, cham-azing, and overall cuteness. make sure that guy knows his stuff. you are gonna do a home check right?

I definitely will. This guy who keeps asking me for pics and wants to meet up to buy him hasn't said much about where he is going to home it.

I assume he already has a cage since he doesn't want to spend the 100$ on the cham + cage + lights + domes + timer + little dripper.

If you get another cham from Dr O. won't you run into the same problem with your father having to take care of him while you are gone??? I am not understanding getting rid of him and then getting another one. I am glad you have given him a new lease on life and I hope whoever gets him will give him the tlc he needs.

My father has trouble understanding that Monty and Brave have VERY different supplement schedules.

He gives Monty a regular veiled supplement schedule while I am gone, resulting in his MBD not being dealt with as it should be. I try explaining over and over that he needs extra but he doesn't want to give him more.

He has no trouble supplementing feeders with regular calcium schedule but the "less calcium" for the baby and the "calcium glubonate" for Monty doesn't make sense apparently.

So once I get a) calendar with supp. schedules b) mistking c) cage stand top d) velcro'd on shower curtain then he will not have to do very much work and all he will have to do is put the food with calcium/d3 in.

So basically, he cannot handle a disabled cham.

I really hope you find a great home for little Brave (although the offer still stands to sell him to me!) You have given him a wonderful life and I am sure you will do the best for him. :)

I hope he goes somewhere nice. I would buy him for that price, my problem is I don't have the money for that many feeders and to go to the vet for his health issues.

I really hope you find a great home for little Brave (although the offer still stands to sell him to me!) You have given him a wonderful life and I am sure you will do the best for him. :)

I think you should give him to FlChamMom. You know she will give him a good home and you can still see him through pictures here on the forums.

If I can convince my dad to let me ship him... :(

I would love to give him to someone on the forums.

And actually he hasn't had any issues recently, it turns out that he was just having a hard time with food and being silly so that's why he was tired and falling down--poor guy! I always try to feed him as much as he needs but he never really eats more than maybe a few crickets, dubias, and maybe a superworm. I guess he is so tiny that would fill up his belly nice and good.

Back
Top Bottom