Brand new cham owner!

Hey all!

I just got my first chameleon and am incredibly excited to venture into this world! We used to breed water dragons, have had several ball pythons, some tortoises, and now an Ambilobe Panther chameleon!

I got mine from Bruce over at chaneleonparadise.net, and I couldn't be happier with this guys size, eating habits, and everything else.

I did have a powersun UV 100W, but just returned it for the reptisun 5.0 uv tube and a 60w heat bulb, as I heard this is generally much safer and enjoyable for the chameleon, especially a sub-adult.

I'll be posting more, and I'm sure I'll have questions, but for now here's a pic,of the new one!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    261.2 KB · Views: 138
It's a cutie. Do you know if it's a male or female yet? How old is it? Have you named it yet? Be sure not to feed it anything that is longer than the space between it eyes as it might choke, be injured, or may not be able to fully digest it. He looks like s/he's enjoying that cricket. Here is a link here on the forums for panther care:

https://www.chameleonforums.com/care/caresheets/panther/

Hey all!

I just got my first chameleon and am incredibly excited to venture into this world! We used to breed water dragons, have had several ball pythons, some tortoises, and now an Ambilobe Panther chameleon!

I got mine from Bruce over at chaneleonparadise.net, and I couldn't be happier with this guys size, eating habits, and everything else.

I did have a powersun UV 100W, but just returned it for the reptisun 5.0 uv tube and a 60w heat bulb, as I heard this is generally much safer and enjoyable for the chameleon, especially a sub-adult.

I'll be posting more, and I'm sure I'll have questions, but for now here's a pic,of the new one!
A real cutie...nice to see him eating. He must be adjusting well. Welcome to the forum.

It's a cutie. Do you know if it's a male or female yet? How old is it? Have you named it yet? Be sure not to feed it anything that is longer than the space between it eyes as it might choke, be injured, or may not be able to fully digest it. He looks like s/he's enjoying that cricket. Here is a link here on the forums for panther care:

https://www.chameleonforums.com/care/caresheets/panther/

He's a male! As far as names go, I was thinking Skaarf, cause he loves scarfing down crickets so far. He's 3.5 months old according to Bruce (he's one of Cowboys offspring).

One question I did have was dusting crickets. I've been doing calcium w/o D3 at every feeding. I have a little tub with dust, and I'll put all his crickets in there, shake it, then let them in his cage. The crickets are all white after dusting.

Is that too much supplement? I don't want to over supplement this guy.

Congrats on the new addition! He is cute. That might be too much supplements if they look like ghosts. Mine used to look like that . It takes very little. :)

I've learned over the years that it takes very little calcium or vitamins to properly dust. Remember that the crickets will clean themselves pretty quickly, so I tend to dust them a little heavy. I got my ambilobe from Bruce as well, he's Sourpatch's offspring. I couldn't be happier with my purchase.

Back
Top Bottom