Branches and vines.

chamalam

I heard that any other fake vines besides flukers are bad so I will be getting those. Most people recommend real branches but I don't have the supplies to sterilize branches even if I found one suitable outside which is very unlikely where I am. Any links to branches or vines i can use and buy will be very helpful! thank you.

LLL Reptile, NE Herp, Reptile Supply Co., and more all have relativiely cheap branches (NE Herp also has real vines) for sale! Do not use the grapewood, ghostwood, manzanita, and oak, etc. are better. If you have any fish stores near you, they have wood, also!

LLL Reptile, NE Herp, Reptile Supply Co., and more all have relativiely cheap branches (NE Herp also has real vines) for sale! Do not use the grapewood, ghostwood, manzanita, and oak, etc. are better. If you have any fish stores near you, they have wood, also!
Thank you! So don't use grapewood, ghostwood, manzanita, and oak in the chameleon enclosure? I just want to make sure this what your saying. Also how would I make it so he can actually climb the wood because wouldn't they all just be sitting on the ground?

Do you have trees around you? You can use almost any branches as long as they are not sap producing like pine, cedar, and eucalyptus. But almost everything else is perfectly fine. As far as sanitizing all you really need to do is wash them down with dawn soap and hot water to remove fecal and insects. Then rinse extremely well and let them dry out.

Do you have trees around you? You can use almost any branches as long as they are not sap producing like pine, cedar, and eucalyptus. But almost everything else is perfectly fine. As far as sanitizing all you really need to do is wash them down with dawn soap and hot water to remove fecal and insects. Then rinse extremely well and let them dry out.
The problem is I live in a area we're im only surrounded by pines and cedar. It's kind of ironic.

The problem is I live in a area we're im only surrounded by pines and cedar. It's kind of ironic.
Another way to get your hands on other types.... Check your local plant nursery's. When they have trees that die off they normally toss them or reduce the prices to next to nothing. Even local tree trimming companies, if you contact them and let them know what your needing most are happy to give you what they cut.

Sort of but sort of not related to the post but I got this plant can someone tell me what it is? It seems to have some sort pothos at the bottom but I'm not sure exactly what the main plant is? Like a dracanea or something?

16309580247134005669340209012574.jpg

(Ignore my messy room)

I managed to find a couple branches but I don't have any dawn soap, any alternatives?

I gathered a bunch of sticks but I believe some may be cedar, but they are dried out, so what is the problem with sap there? Im just curious why you can use cedar?

I gathered a bunch of sticks but I believe some may be cedar, but they are dried out, so what is the problem with sap there? Im just curious why you can use cedar?
Smell them... IF they are cedar your going to smell it. And you do not want to use it. when it gets wet your going to really smell it. Would not advice using it in a cham cage due to this.

Sort of but sort of not related to the post but I got this plant can someone tell me what it is? It seems to have some sort pothos at the bottom but I'm not sure exactly what the main plant is? Like a dracanea or something?
That is a mass cane, which is a dracanae I believe and pothos planted on the bottom. Both are safe.
+1 Mass Cane ( Draceana fragrans Massaengea ). The plant at the bottom is either pothos ( Epipremnum aureum ) or a philodendron ( Philodendron hederaceum ).

Know your plants: how to tell the difference between a philodendron and a pothos

I have all three in my enclosure; cham makes use of all of them. :)

Back
Top Bottom