Boy or Girl Panther?

lojack13

OK, I have thrown this up a few times on here, but I think I finally got a good pic for reference. Quick recap, bought this Baby Nosy Be as a female, but the breeder ( Tom Kilgour ) thought she might be a he. I am really starting to agree. The pic does not show it very well but the baby's head has a lot of blue, and there is a lot of blue coming in on the body too. Starting to develop a think looking tale base as well. Took the pic today, Baby Nosy Be is 4 months 1 week old.
Let the debate begin again! LOL!

Attachments

• babynosybe.jpg
    babynosybe.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 151
looks to be female, but a few more pics at different times (and ofcourse the base of the tail pics) ..but if you are seeing lots of color and the base of the tail isint very thick, maybe you have a she-male??? there are a few on here that have them..awesome females, only crappy thing is they usually dont want to breed

i doubt thats your case, but a possibility

p.s. still looks female to me..:D

I don't know. The blue is too much to ignore for me. I have seen pics on here of females with coloration. Oddly it does not really show up in the photo. I have been talking to my Panthers siblings owner on here. He also got his Panther from Tom. They were sure it was a female until a week or so ago. That panther is 5 months old ( hatched earlier than mine form the same clutch ) His bulge did not even show up that well until recently. Sounds like a clutch of late bloomers or something. I don't know. Really does not matter to me, but I just wish I knew for sure so I can name him/her. Tom is still convinced it is a male. So I guess more time will tell.

I can't see the tail base very well either but I'm voting female for now. Females show subtle colors as well, so don't necessarily go by that unless he/she starts showing really saturated colors. But my female has blue blush in a lot of places, so that can be deceiving. Do you have any more pics? Preferably with the tail held out straight? Although Tom should know, he knows more than probably most of us that will input on this thread lol My ambilobe was a late bloomer, he didn't show any real color for like 5-6 months.

He/she has a super sweet little face though. Super super cute.

has too be some REALLY late bloomers as my male was brightly colored at 3 months old, incredibly easy to tell..i hate when they hide it!!! ied say if more color or buldge doesent show within a month its female..still loks like a female to me, maybe shes just colorful..

Need to take a pic directly from the side with tail extended preferably. From your picture that is a female. Males/Females at that age can be deceiving so much to go off colors. Ive disputed with vendors/breeders at shows on sexes. Some do think they can go off colors and that is just not reliable. Personally, NO breeder or vendor should sale an animal they question the sex unless buyer is aware of this.

Back
Top Bottom