Boy or girl, also unsure of age

Thank you so much, Ill fix it today and keep you guys posted
If baby is needing to clean the eye you will be able to tell during the longer misting... You will see the eye puff out and then rolling back and forth. If UVB then it will take a few days for him to perk up. :)

Thanks I'll deff watch for that tonight, this was why I raised the light of the screen, will he get too much if I put the light on the screen, or is this a reaction of not enough uvb and not worry about it being too close and over exposing him.... Iv been pondering this?

Attachments

• 20220924_123104.jpg
    20220924_123104.jpg
    178.1 KB · Views: 68
  • 20220924_123046.jpg
    20220924_123046.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 66
  • 20220924_123059.jpg
    20220924_123059.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 65
  • 20220924_123057.jpg
    20220924_123057.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 67
Thanks I'll deff watch for that tonight, this was why I raised the light of the screen, will he get too much if I put the light on the screen, or is this a reaction of not enough uvb and not worry about it being too close and over exposing him.... Iv been pondering this?

Ok is he screen climbing the top too?

Ok so this is what you want to do... Lift the fixture 4 inches from the top screen. Then you need a vine/branch that runs parallel to the fixture 5 inches below the screen. This will put him within safe limits when screen climbing and then at the branch 5 inches below it will be a 3 UVI level.

All those spots where the leaves are covering the branches if he sits on the branches the leaves will actually block the UVI. This may be why he is trying to climb up higher.

OK makes sense, and I thought I was done cage building... This hobby has alot of irony in it lol, thanks for all the help

OK makes sense, and I thought I was done cage building... This hobby has alot of irony in it lol, thanks for all the help
LOL you have no idea... Chameleons are literally the most complex animals I have kept. My first 6 months in the hobby I wanted to bang my head against a wall between all the wrong info out there and how much stuff I bought that I thought was right that was wrong. So yeah I get it completely. What starts out as a small price tag for a Veiled turns into a few thousand for all the stuff you need to keep from killing it. I spent more money than I care to admit my first year. :hilarious:

Omg I think I need to go to a vet he was doing this this morning I think it means he has a redo infection, he is standing on his hind legs with his hands waving puffing his neck up

Attachments

• 20220926_100249.jpg
    20220926_100249.jpg
    222.5 KB · Views: 65
  • 20220926_100246.jpg
    20220926_100246.jpg
    221.6 KB · Views: 65
This is urgent medical attention right?
What is he doing now? This does not mean he is sick. They will puff up normally as well. And the standing on the back legs is not abnormal either if they are contemplating reaching for something higher.

It was so odd, he was on his back legs his arms were pointed down and away from himself, and he was puffing his neck up... Iv never seen him do this

It was so odd, he was on his back legs his arms were pointed down and away from himself, and he was puffing his neck up... Iv never seen him do this
so things that are abnormal and signs of worry... sunk in eyes, eyes closing when lights on, hanging limp off branches, pointing nose straight up and doing this will gaping.

They will puff up in the mornings and stretch their body out. This can become more frequent prior to a shed as well.

When I checked on my chameleon this morning he was on his basking branch with his nose in the air, mouth open, and eyes shut, as soon as he realized I was there he shut his mouth and opened his eyes but it definitely has me worried he's hiding the fact he is sick, my closest reptile vet is 2hrs away, I ordered some reptavit but is there a broad spectrum antibiotic I could order and give if these signs persist or get worse?

When I checked on my chameleon this morning he was on his basking branch with his nose in the air, mouth open, and eyes shut, as soon as he realized I was there he shut his mouth and opened his eyes but it definitely has me worried he's hiding the fact he is sick, my closest reptile vet is 2hrs away, I ordered some reptavit but is there a broad spectrum antibiotic I could order and give if these signs persist or get worse?
So the combo of eyes shut, mouth open and nose in the air is something I would be booking a vet appointment for. It is the eyes closed that is concerning. IF it was just gaping then I would say double check your temps there from the probe to ensure temps are not too hot.

Back
Top Bottom