Bowsers mouth/tongue?

Ok, let me get this straight. Your vet told you to leave forums due to varying opinions but if you read your own thread you would have never properly diagnosed MBD. Your title states he had a problem with his tongue and mouth. Senior members from the boards properly identified your chams calcium deficiencies, when you did not notice that anything was wrong. I understand your thoughts on the multitude of opinions but in my eyes the forums correctly identified your animals problem and suggested you get professional help, which you did. Now your animal is on its way to recovery. Not to be cheeky but am I missing something?

The forum is an invaluable tool. We all hope you stay.

yea without the forum you would have only been concerned with the tongue. thinking he scraped it on something. Instead through the help and experience of others you found out you had a total new and never thought of problem. You don't take the word of one person here and run with it, but rather the word of the community as a whole. Then you practice the methods of what's been tried and true to thousands of others. This way you gain knowledge of years and years of experience even though you yourself may only have a year of experience. If it works for thousands generally its gonna be the most appropriate method. they must be doing something right if they all have healthy chameleons with long life-spans.

I'm not leaving the forum I like it here.
If I wasn't on the forum I would have taken him there anyway !
I wasn't able to get an appointment with the vet and the forum reinforced the identity of the problem.

All of the things your vet said are found here on the forums! Most of them in the Chameleon Care Resources very specifically. I'm glad you have a good vet familiar with the special needs of chameleons!

Last edited:
Yes I'm glad I found a vet in Sussex!
Fact is yes the info and advice here was very helpful but I would have gone to him anyway.
But being a member of this forum It would be wrong to have not started the thread!
Not only does it help me but also others who might have similar problems!

Ok bowser now has a arcadia t5 24w +d3 uv tube

Plus the increase in calci and silkworms and bone aid dusted and gut fed locusts is there even a 1% chance his jaw will repair? Being than he is so young?
I am holding on to hope

Someone give me some hope

Ok bowser now has a arcadia t5 24w +d3 uv tube

Plus the increase in calci and silkworms and bone aid dusted and gut fed locusts is there even a 1% chance his jaw will repair? Being than he is so young?
I am holding on to hope

Someone give me some hope

could get a little better, and at least shouldnt get worse :)

Did the vet tell you you needed to change the type of lighting you were using, or tell you the positioning of your lighting needed to be altered? The reason I ask is because last week I took one of my cham's to a herp vet and he said that the t5 tube lights only have about 18 inches of uv penetration and therefore should be mounted on the side of the cage to maximize exposure. I've never read anything about this on the forum and just felt like checking to see if you believes the same thing.

He said to mount a tube on the side as the coil bulb has 12 inches of range. Iv done away with the coil and mounted the tube on top.
I'm thinking if a clamp lamp with a coil bulb on the side of the cage.
I think my main problem was low temps and not gut loading

I'm using my iphone but for some reason the picture I'm
Trying to take of my set up won't upload, some kind of app issue?

Back
Top Bottom