Bowsers mouth/tongue?

From the pic, his arms look noodle-like which is a sure sign of Bone Disease. However, if he had it before and he was cured through supplements leaving his arm looking like that, etc. I have no idea, you might know better in that regard. Focusing only on the fact that his mouth looks odd with it open, there are two possibilities. One, is the enclosure is too hot or stuffy. If that were the case though, chams usually open their mouth without showing the tongue too much. Second possibility is that he over extended his tongue. Sometimes a cham will shoot to far or too close and not calculate his shot too well. Sometimes they might try for a "in-between" branches shot A La Luke Skywalker Vs Deathstar. They retract tongue and scuff it on the branch. A cham will leave his tongue out hanging or have it exposed for a bit while the swelling or soreness goes down, maybe a few days. During this time he might not eat or will eat less. I assume that since he has had his tongue sticking out he has not been eating too well? The cham does look on the thin side. More info. on eating habits is needed...

Good luck dude, hope I helped a bit.

He has eaten but yes not as much as about a month ago which tells me this is all very recent

You want the truth? If his arms have already solidified and he has regained calcium loss, then no. His arms will pretty much be bent. In some cases where the bone is weak and malleable, I have seen the use of small casts or tubes that help straighten the bend out. Don't fret dude. See what the vet says. If you have the means to see a rep-vet its the best move you can make. I'm no expert with critters, I deal with human patients, and I would not recommend you trusting the Web as the final source of info. We can only advise and wish you luck.

That he is seriously lacking calcium as the x ray just about picked him up, I have my lights positioned wrong, and my powders confused!
He also checked inside his mouth and lips which also proved his lack of calcium. And the fracture in his back leg but will all return to normal now I have a new routine set up.
The bloke is slick and I was in awe as to how much he put me to shame. These foreign guys know there stuff!
Also said bug grub is the best form of gut load

We use bug grub! I would also recommend bug gel which keeps the feeders hydrated and we also use fresh fruit and veggies :) Why would he tell you to leave the forum?!

Because it is easy to become confused when the forum has many different opinions on what's right and wrong, especially with lights as he told me the final say is that compact uv bulbs are very good when used correctly.
Things like that.
I asked him to not down the things I'm doing right but can be improved.
Main thing is that bowser will make a 100% recovery and that he's to go back in 3 months.

I can see where he is coming from, because yes, everyone on here has different opinions. But then again in my experience, every vet has different opinions!! I have seen about 6 different vets all within the same practice and they have all said different things about my husbandry care. I was told that compact UV bulbs are old school, they are good but the canopies are just a newer version. How correct that is i'm not sure. We have a canopy with reflector and never had any problems. But yes, I hope your little guy gets better :)

The difference In opinion is what will leave people always confused.

He also clarified that calcium like protien if overloaded will only be **** out and won't be harmful.
He's had chameleons for 30+ years and never had troubles so I'm going to use his notes as my bible.
The othe mistake I made was using too much nutrobal with d3 and reptivite with d3 but I was unaware that nutrobal had d3.
He was receiving too much vitamin d

The difference In opinion is what will leave people always confused.

He also clarified that calcium like protien if overloaded will only be **** out and won't be harmful.
He's had chameleons for 30+ years and never had troubles so I'm going to use his notes as my bible.
The othe mistake I made was using too much nutrobal with d3 and reptivite with d3 but I was unaware that nutrobal had d3.
He was receiving too much vitamin d

I think your vet should have a look at the forum, and the excellent advice offered by the experienced members before suggestion you leave the forum.

Indeed you'll see that we correctly advised you about your supplements, your poor gutloading, and that the animal likely had MBD.

If someone is willing to look through the forum and read all that is available, then this is a great tool. To those that find the first thread and do what it sais with no other research, then this forum may not be the best place. I don't know where else you would go for help. Most reputable breeders are on this forum and a great deal of pet shops give falty info. With a little common sense and a great deal of research, I think this a great place to get help. Sandrachameleon is correct, you problems were diagnosed on here before you even knew you had a problem. Stick around I think you will be glad you did. Good Luck.

Well To be fare what he said wasn't confusing.
When 10 people give me advice which is different half the time it is confusing!
"Don't use these lights"
"Use these lights"
Don't do this. All he did was help me improve what I was doing, the issue was the light positioning.

I also don't have to pay him for his email advice.
All I know is that bowser will be back to normal very quickly!

Back
Top Bottom