Bonsai...RIP

I can't believe my sweet, blue boy is gone. He was fine last week, I even took photos because he looked so good. He started looking a little dehydrated on Saturday, so I started frequent showers. Sunday he was dangling his front leg. Yesterday (Monday) he was looking worse, I took him to the vet, who couldn't find anything wrong, and determined we would get him re-hydrated and then do bloodwork in a few days. He gave him a vitamin injection and an antibiotic (although his lungs were clear and there was no signs of a respiratory infection), and sent me home with Carnivore Care to feed. Last night I thought he was getting a little stronger, but today he took a turn for the worse. He was 2.5 years old. I have babies and eggs from him.... so at least he has passed on some of his greatness.

Attachments

• IMG_4011.jpg
    IMG_4011.jpg
    249.4 KB · Views: 210
  • DSC03330 copy 2.jpg
    DSC03330 copy 2.jpg
    268.3 KB · Views: 268
Oh no Shauna! That is such sad news and such a shock. My heart goes out to you during this sad time. Bonsai was such a gorgeous boy and will be missed here on the forums and on Facebook too. You have my condolences.

I'm so sorry you lost Bonsai! He was a beautiful chameleon and I know how proud you were of him. Treasure the memories of the time he was with you. I wish you the best of luck with his babies.

So sorry to hear of this.... He was a beautiful boy and I'm sure his babies will be wonderful! Rest in peace Bonsai

I'm so sorry. :( Bonsai was a stunning boy and will be missed here. He made quite an impression in a very short time. RIP little one.

Oh wow Shauna. Just saw this and am so very sorry. He was one of the bluest and most beautiful chameleons ever. I stared at his gorgeous face every day for the month of January on the calendar. I am so glad you are gonna have babies from him to carry on the bonsai legacy. He really was one in a million and left us way too soon. I will miss him on the forum as will all of us.

so sorry to hear of your loss shauna. i know he meant a lot to you. if you need anything, please lmk. thx.

I know I already posted my condolences on FB but I just wanted to tell you again how truly sorry I am about your baby blue! He was so beautiful and my heart goes out to you. RIP Bonsai ;(

He was an amazingly beautiful guy!!!!! I loved seeing his pics!!! I'm soooo sorry to hear that you lost him....... Wishing you peace!!!

I'm a little late in response but I was shocked to read this - so sorry for this sudden and unexpected loss. He was beautiful and I'm so glad that his bloodline will carry on for you.

Back
Top Bottom