Blue bottle flies

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColorCham427

Avid Member
Blue Bottle Flies

These come in pupae (Cocoon and will hatch within 1-4 days of receiving them)

You should let the flies hatch inside of the container they arrive in. Once you see a few flies, ALL of the pupae will hatch within the next 24 hours.

Once it has been a whole 24 hours since you saw the first fly, put the container inside of your refrigerator for at least 2 hours.

Get a container ready to put them in.

Make a 50/50 ratio mix of powdered butter milk and plane old regular sugar. Mix it up well.

Get a container lid or shallow dish out.

Soak a couple sheets of paper towel in water and then place that on top of the lid/dish.

Then toss 4-5 tea spoons worth of the powdered food.

Place that in the container, right in the middle on the container’s floor.

Once they have been in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, take them out and dump them all in a larger container that has no openings where these flies could escape.

Once being out of the refrigerator and inside of their new container/home, they will warm up and start to walk around and fly. Eating and drinking will perk them up. Let them eat and drink for a couple days and then put them back in the fridge.

When taking them out to feed, make sure you put them in your transport cup while inside of the fridge to keep them cool as you are moving them.

You will have 3-5 minutes before they wake up and have their wings back up and running at full speed.


Take them out of the fridge every 5 - 7 days and provide them with a new freshly made water/food source. Let them eat/drink for 1 - 2 days and then put them back in the fridge. You can keep them a live for up to 6 weeks this way!

The longer they stay in the fridge, the less power they have once they warm up. For example, the first week, more than 95 % of them will fly once warmed up, the second week, about 75 % of them can still fly and the remaining 25 % can only jump around and fly for short distances. Once they hit the 4 week mark, they most likely can no longer fly, they will just crawl around and jump around.

I provide FREE bee pollen powder baggies with every blue bottle fly order.

Once you get your sleepy cold flies out of the fridge into your transporting cup, dump some powder in the cup and shake them up well to get some bee pollen powder all over them!

Bee pollen is found in nature, and what ever animals eat flying insects get some bee pollen in their diet in the wild. I strive to find more ways to mimic nature and it’s animal’s food’s food source.

Price List:

150 BB pupae - $2.00

500 BB pupae - $5.00

1,000 BB pupae - $9.50

2,500 BB pupae - $20.00

5,000 BB pupae - $35.00

10,000 BB pupae - $65.00



I can fit 10,000 or less in a $6.50 shipping box. NO matter where you are in the U.S. the shipping price is a total of $6.50. 2nd day arrival.

I accept pay pal, checks, money orders. I do accept cash, but I do not recommend sending it, unfortunately it is risky.

Email me at [email protected] or PM me, thanks!

Please don’t forget, before you order, email me, don’t PM, your full name and shipping address and what you already paid for and how you paid for it. Thanks!
 

ColorCham427

Avid Member
More in and ready to ship next week, also got fresh cultures of fruit flies!

Wingless D mel fruit flies 1/16thish of an inch

Flightless D hydei fruit flies 1/10ish of an inch

same price for either species, each culture costs $3.00!!!
 

ColorCham427

Avid Member
More BB pupae, try a sample box, just pay shipping and an extra $.49 cents and receive 100 pupae!

$6.99 total for 100-120 pupae.

Same large amounts with same prices available again.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom