Blue bottle flies!

Rst_Cham

Chameleon Enthusiast
"Are you breeding house flies now or something!?" my daughter yelled from the kitchen today.

No, no I'm not. I am however pupating blue bottle flies and forgot to snap on the cover and so they are now flying all over my house.

Family is not happy with sudden fly problem but I already get enough flack for my bug collection so I'm playing dumb.

"no, I'm not breeding house flies, house flies are gross. " I yelled back.

See, I'm not actually lying here. There's just no way in hell I'm 'fessing up to this. Cat is also failing at his one job as bug catcher. Thanks for letting me down, Cat!

Word to the wise: snap your lids on tight!

"Are you breeding house flies now or something!?" my daughter yelled from the kitchen today.

No, no I'm not. I am however pupating blue bottle flies and forgot to snap on the cover and so they are now flying all over my house.

Family is not happy with sudden fly problem but I already get enough flack for my bug collection so I'm playing dumb.

See, I'm not actually lying here. There's just no way in hell I'm 'fessing up to this. Cat is also failing at his one job as bug catcher. Thanks for letting me down, Cat!

Oh good lord :ROFLMAO:

This is like the thread of the person putting 1000 BSFL in a critter keeper and welll I’m sure you know what happened :hilarious:

I’m actually thinking about buying spikes of rainbow. I just don’t want a house fly problem again. I had 100 a swarm at one point. I let the spiders handle it lol

This is like the thread of the person putting 1000 BSFL in a critter keeper and welll I’m sure you know what happened :hilarious:

I’m actually thinking about buying spikes of rainbow. I just don’t want a house fly problem again. I had 100 a swarm at one point. I let the spiders handle it lol
Rainbows spikes are blue bottle flies. So you too can have my same fly problem, just leave the lid open! Lol!

There is definitely an increase of spiders taking up residence in my house. I dropped a cricket the other day on laundry room floor. It barely landed before a spider ran out and grabbed it and was gone just like that.

Last edited:
Rainbows spikes are blue bottle flies. So you too can have my same fly problem, just leave the lid open! Lol!

They're is definitely an increase of spiders taking up residence in my house. I dropped a cricket the other day on laundry room floor. It barely landed before a spider ran out and grabbed it and was gone just like that.
I watched a spider hunt a gnat yesterday. It was very beautiful the way the spider waited and stricken when it came close enough :love: I should have recorded it

I was also doing laundry and dumped load of socks and underwear on my bed. Picked up a sock to find a live adult orangeheaded roach clinging to it! Scared the crap out of me. This is the problem with roaches in the laundry room. I have no idea how it got out of its bin.

I was also doing laundry and dumped load of socks and underwear on my bed. Picked up a sock to find a live adult orangeheaded roach clinging to it! Scared the crap out of me. This is the problem with roaches in the laundry room. I have no idea how it got out of its bin.
Omg I found a derm beetle in my laundry the other day. I looked at it and said why are you in here.. back to the roach bins lol

Oh I've done the fly-pocolypse thing before. I accidentally left the lid unsealed in one corner and the larva pushed through it and escaped. I had no clue until the flies emerged, and I found some pupae casings hiding under area rugs. Deny. Deny. Deny.

You guys are probably the only ones who will appreciate this... yesterday I was outside hosing down my front porch after replanting some plants. All of a sudden something BIG flew onto my shirt/stomach and I (naturally) screamed like a little girl, did a stupid dance, and immediately shot it. With the hose. In my hand. With freezing cold water. I completely drenched myself, but that little turd was fine. Turns out it was some kind of brown, spotted praying mantis. Pretty sure it stuck around to call me an a-hole. Not only do my neighbors think I'm insane, now they think I'm really stupid, too.

That'd be it. That's how it ends for me. Dead. RIP.

I had a Dubia escape a feeder run (why I hate feeder runs!) and also escaped the cage. I prayed for two weeks that the cham ate it... then one day it miraculously appeared in my kitchen - WHILE I HAD COMPANY. When I am feeding Dubia I handle them like a hazardous material.

Oh I've done the fly-pocolypse thing before. I accidentally left the lid unsealed in one corner and the larva pushed through it and escaped. I had no clue until the flies emerged, and I found some pupae casings hiding under area rugs. Deny. Deny. Deny.

You guys are probably the only ones who will appreciate this... yesterday I was outside hosing down my front porch after replanting some plants. All of a sudden something BIG flew onto my shirt/stomach and I (naturally) screamed like a little girl, did a stupid dance, and immediately shot it. With the hose. In my hand. With freezing cold water. I completely drenched myself, but that little turd was fine. Turns out it was some kind of brown, spotted praying mantis. Pretty sure it stuck around to call me an a-hole. Not only do my neighbors think I'm insane, now they think I'm really stupid, too.
This cracked me up! Poor praying mantis, I loves them! I get it though, I flung that sock and roach across room before I realized what it was.

I thought my cham was being a good boy and eating all his dubia but so far I have found five live ones hiding in son's room. And one hornworm under his bed as well. Do I tell him all this? No, I do not.

The worst thing is being infested with phorid flies...they can get into sealed Tupperware containers in your fridge..they have to get past the seal on your fridge first and they do it so easily. They are so hard to get rid of. They even can get into your sealed egg containers where the eggs are being incubated and destroy them.

Last edited:
I watched a spider hunt a gnat yesterday. It was very beautiful the way the spider waited and stricken when it came close enough :love: I should have recorded it
I love feeding my tarantula, watching her move is beautiful. Every movement is so calculated. You need to get a tarantula!

Yesterday I was in my uncles garage working on Pestos enclosure, minding my own business. I turn around to grab something and some HUGE flying insect flew straight in to my eye. Which is especially impressive because I wear glasses. Turns out it was a massive moth. The body was the size of my thumb. Obviously, I gouged my own eye out because its tainted now and we cant have it infecting the rest of my body.

Back
Top Bottom