Bloated female Cham

Bethriches

Hello I little while ago I wrote about my Gravid Cham, she has a lay bin filled with plays and however she hasn’t showed interest or began digging at all, she’s been showing her blue and yellow spots for around a month now, she’s been looking really large, but hasn’t been eating very much , can anyone help me out? She looks larger some days than others but more often than not she looks like this

Attachments

• ABBFD97F-1985-4303-94E5-2BCC2DDAEB11.jpeg
    ABBFD97F-1985-4303-94E5-2BCC2DDAEB11.jpeg
    170.2 KB · Views: 83
  • 78166AA5-B435-45B9-9D13-988F2C09B434.jpeg
    78166AA5-B435-45B9-9D13-988F2C09B434.jpeg
    172.3 KB · Views: 79
Can you post pics of the lay bin please and what you used in it. She is huge...
Yes she’s really huge I’m getting a little bit worried, it’s hard to see in that a photo, I had a large bucket in at one point but she didn’t show interest, it’s about 9x9 plant pot now, just filled with playsand,

Attachments

• 4BBA8F18-E59B-4AF5-A25B-9DA5739E7B27.jpeg
    4BBA8F18-E59B-4AF5-A25B-9DA5739E7B27.jpeg
    153 KB · Views: 80
Id try a bigger lay bin I don’t think 9x9 is sufficient. If she’s completely stopped eating and still hasn’t shown interest in the larger lay bin you may want to fill a garbage can or something large with roughly 12 inches of lay media. Place a couple sticks in there and her uvb on top and place her in there during the day time. She can go back in her enclosure at night time, unless she is digging leave her in there. This might do the trick. They usually lay a day or 2 after stopped eating, anything after this and you’re seriously risking egg bound. Vet visit may be necessary.

Id try a bigger lay bin I don’t think 9x9 is sufficient. If she’s completely stopped eating and still hasn’t shown interest in the larger lay bin you may want to fill a garbage can or something large with roughly 12 inches of lay media. Place a couple sticks in there and her uvb on top and place her in there during the day time. She can go back in her enclosure at night time, unless she is digging leave her in there. This might do the trick. They usually lay a day or 2 after stopped eating, anything after this and you’re seriously risking egg bound. Vet visit may be necessary.

Okay, she has only just started eating again because I got her her favourite, wax worms, because I was worried as she stopped eating for about a week, but never layed, I’ll try to give that a go, just put her in there all day? Does she need her heat lamp as well as uvb?

She should be close to laying then. I hope she does soon.
How much does she usually eat in a week?
What's the basking temp?
Her feeding schedule is every other day, but it’s a little bit all over the place at the moment as she’s not eating regularly, I was recommended to turn her heat down to keep her amount of eggs low, it’s turned to around 27 now ,

Okay, she has only just started eating again because I got her her favourite, wax worms, because I was worried as she stopped eating for about a week, but never layed, I’ll try to give that a go, just put her in there all day? Does she need her heat lamp as well as uvb?
No she doesn’t as she is not in there to bask or do anything besides lay. Also heat lamp on a container/garbage can like this may cook her. The lay media is moist enough to dig tunnels without collapsing? Not too moist tho no water dropping off if you grab a hand full ?

No she doesn’t as she is not in there to bask or do anything besides lay. Also heat lamp on a container/garbage can like this may cook her. The lay media is moist enough to dig tunnels without collapsing? Not too moist tho no water dropping off if you grab a hand full ?
Okay great thank you, yes I’ve tried to keep it moist for her it’s a little bit tricky as it’s difficult to reach, I’ll give that a go tomorrow, should I continue to feed her or just let her get on with laying?

You can continue to feed her and water her but try not to be in her face any time...and if she starts digging don't let her see you watching her. Give her as much privacy as possible.

Take out the ReptiBark when you have a chance (preferably after she lays so you don’t interrupt her)

Back
Top Bottom