Bleach concentrations

andy27012

I am writing this in hopes of clarification. I do not have many animals so I currently disinfect in a 5.25 bleach undiluted to disinfect bowls/accessories. I use f10 in the cages. While this has done well my question is, do most recommend a 10% bleach solution and if so where do you source said materials.

A 10% solution would consist of one part bleach to 10 parts water. You just mix up a batch yourself. Regular unscented bleach.

A 10% solution would consist of one part bleach to 10 parts water. You just mix up a batch yourself. Regular unscented bleach.
That would be a .525 bleach solution as the bleach you are diluting is already 94.75 water and additives. That's kind of what I'm asking is if everyone uses a .525 % solution or if anyone truly uses a solution with 10% bleach?

The industry standard for 10% solution is as I described. It is not based on the actual chlorine content, but bleach to water ratio. That is a basic solution for dealing with bloodbourne and other pathogens and should do what you need. Hope this helps :).

The industry standard for 10% solution is as I described. It is not based on the actual chlorine content, but bleach to water ratio. That is a basic solution for dealing with bloodbourne and other pathogens and should do what you need. Hope this helps :).
You explained that perfectly

Back
Top Bottom