Black spots (not from aggression)

there are two species only in Egypt
None of them were originally from Yemen
Just the Common chameleon reaches in its southernmost range limit in yemen but in another sub species (C.c.orientalis)

Chamaeleon chamaeleon
And
Chamaeleo africanus

Thank u for the reply i didnt know how to search for the species im truely grateful for ur work ☺

that type of calcium powder is too high in salt
So it is not food for chameleons
You meed also other supplementa like bee pollen and mumtivitamis to
Keep him alive eapexially when you feed him with the mealworms, which is not a good fokd anyway

This is my third reply to u i noticed just now lol?
I want to inform u about something, the only food available to me is mealworms i searched for other insects but of no use i want to consult u about feeding him insects living in my garden after gutloading with carrots and oatmeals like i do for mealworms( they are mainly different kinds of ants all harmless and some worms.)
I will search for the bee pollens and multivitamins but do u have any recommendations please?
As for the calcium i didnt face any problems before with it but i will search for products available here because u mentioned it

Last edited:
I don’t know enough to make any comment on all that’s been said already. I do feel confident enough though to say that I believe the dark spots are just a part of it’s normal coloration.

Thank you Petr do you have a reference for the poster on how to properly care for this species? It is not one we see here.

though known as Common chameleon, the species is rather oroblematic in xaptivity as it hibernates in winter and starves and suffers in summer.
the basic care is same as in the case of the Yemen Chameleon if it comes to cage. The hitttest months, they stay quite well hidden in deep shade, somas the OP mentions, to pit it to a leadless tree exposed to sun is a dead senrence$. Yoj should cate fir it nit tk exceed 28’C and allow as deep night drop as possible. The diet must be diberse, they love flying insexts especially bees, mealworms ling term is again a death sentence.
Itnis wild cAught, si definitely a fexal sample
Analysis should be done (nonide who in Egyptnis able to do) and it should be treated for parasites.
Best would be to release it in the wild but for that, uou need to know exact places where to go because just tonrelease is again a death sentence...
So, itnis wuite complicated

I don’t know enough to make any comment on all that’s been said already. I do feel confident enough though to say that I believe the dark spots are just a part of it’s normal coloration.
The dark spots a re deep stress colorstion, ansolutely extreme
And not normal for this species. The lihjt backbround tells us a out overheating and the dark spots are just extreme atress

please do not be bureauceatic, it sucks aleeady
Try to help and do not stock tomlrocedures that are innecessary and do not bring added value in this xase. Better read the theead attentfukky than ask again and again and again for filling a form please

I can not see any break, can you be specific where?
I have not got andwer on my jimble question
It is essentiam tk be soecific, as we can oversee something and ignore diagnosgic wuesgion but insist on a form is a very strange allroach frankly

Thanks to know about the chameleon
But i really do know how to care for them they are not in enclosures and such but i spent weeks reading at first and had one before for a very long time but i see u r an expert or experienced at the least if u have any specific comment about my way of husbanding im glad to learn im serieous

sue. Esides of what I wrote already, find a reliable xare sheet and follow it
I can attach one here

Attachments

• 60942AC5-D7B4-4F84-A096-5AF0F137DC2B.jpeg
    60942AC5-D7B4-4F84-A096-5AF0F137DC2B.jpeg
    195.2 KB · Views: 73
  • 8AA96DA2-C2A9-4F63-9CEB-9DC622A5F031.jpeg
    8AA96DA2-C2A9-4F63-9CEB-9DC622A5F031.jpeg
    177.5 KB · Views: 73
  • 555805B5-5BB5-4714-AA28-5D04A83BC380.jpeg
    555805B5-5BB5-4714-AA28-5D04A83BC380.jpeg
    159.2 KB · Views: 65
This is my third reply to u i noticed just now lol?
I want to inform u about something, the only food available to me is mealworms i searched for other insects but of no use i want to consult u about feeding him insects living in my garden after gutloading with carrots and oatmeals like i do for mealworms( they are mainly different kinds of ants all harmless and some worms.)
I will search for the bee pollens and multivitamins but do u have any recommendations please?
As for the calcium i didnt face any problems before with it but i will search for products available here because u mentioned it
As oer the supplements, you might het some on internet internationally
BEe pollen ask at honey producers locally.
you can ho to the gardens around nike and collect some crickets and try to found a breeding comony, once you jave at least one adult female, let me lnow I can guide tou, you can also sttract flies with a life of rotten meat or
One or bees with honeywater to the cahe for him to eat, I inderstand that nso commercially produced food is a ailable.
try to ask at communities that breed birds, they often produce crickets but I do not know ifnin Egyot

though known as Common chameleon, the species is rather oroblematic in xaptivity as it hibernates in winter and starves and suffers in summer.
the basic care is same as in the case of the Yemen Chameleon if it comes to cage. The hitttest months, they stay quite well hidden in deep shade, somas the OP mentions, to pit it to a leadless tree exposed to sun is a dead senrence$. Yoj should cate fir it nit tk exceed 28’C and allow as deep night drop as possible. The diet must be diberse, they love flying insexts especially bees, mealworms ling term is again a death sentence.
Itnis wild cAught, si definitely a fexal sample
Analysis should be done (nonide who in Egyptnis able to do) and it should be treated for parasites.
Best would be to release it in the wild but for that, uou need to know exact places where to go because just tonrelease is again a death sentence...
So, itnis wuite complicated

Thanks alot for ur concern ? i will ask about bee pollen and search for other supplements, and bees and other flying insects are easy to catch so i will do that (should i have any concern about parasites in these wild insects and should i feed them a couple of days to make sure they are parasite free? )
As for the dots are u sure they are from stress they are quite abnormally distributed and so tiny and not full circles and there is no reason for his stress honestly he is quite the strong character he hisses and fill himself up to anyone beside me i always enter with food or spray water for him i guess that is y he likes me
no hesitation the balcony has since been offlimits except for me he likes to move around so i filled the place with hiding spots and two trees on each side
i have also brought a big bucket of mud that i dug and hides there away from sun i keep it humid for him everyday (this year is unusual it exceeded 40c thats y the bucket of mud i have) is it truly stress? And how to deal with it please

Thanks alot for ur concern ? i will ask about bee pollen and search for other supplements, and bees and other flying insects are easy to catch so i will do that (should i have any concern about parasites in these wild insects and should i feed them a couple of days to make sure they are parasite free? )
As for the dots are u sure they are from stress they are quite abnormally distributed and so tiny and not full circles and there is no reason for his stress honestly he is quite the strong character he hisses and fill himself up to anyone beside me i always enter with food or spray water for him i guess that is y he likes me
no hesitation the balcony has since been offlimits except for me he likes to move around so i filled the place with hiding spots and two trees on each side
i have also brought a big bucket of mud that i dug and hides there away from sun i keep it humid for him everyday (this year is unusual it exceeded 40c thats y the bucket of mud i have) is it truly stress? And how to deal with it please

as it is a native reltile in your country, ses some imsects can transfer parasites. Ut you can not detect them anyway,so ignore it, get enough food for him
Show us the Black points on some good pictures on a stick and not floor, we will see.
bucket of mudnis for what?

as it is a native reltile in your country, ses some imsects can transfer parasites. Ut you can not detect them anyway,so ignore it, get enough food for him
Show us the Black points on some good pictures on a stick and not floor, we will see.
bucket of mudnis for what?

Sometimes temperature gets high and he tries digging the floor or hide under anything so i gave him a bucket of mud and made a deep hole in it and mist it, he then hid himself there and stopped digging the floor and i will send the pic 1st thing in the morning?

Sometimes temperature gets high and he tries digging the floor or hide under anything so i gave him a bucket of mud and made a deep hole in it and mist it, he then hid himself there and stopped digging the floor and i will send the pic 1st thing in the morning?

i would love to see this behavior documented!

Back
Top Bottom