Black spots (not from aggression)

Ok i'm getting confused on how you actually got him.

Did you see him catch him while you were walking in the desert?

Did you buy it from a zoo that raised him?

Did you buy him from the zoo but the zoo said that it was wild caught?

be honest it dosent matter which one is tru I just want to know how you got him.

May I ask did you get feedback on the husbandry form you filled out in the other thread ??

What thread please?
I know my husbandry is different but i made lot of search like invested so much time reading and knowing about them and it didnt fail me before

What do u suggest please but i wont return it
I do not know what the species requirements are for this one. I am not able to help you there. @PetNcs can you identify the chameleon in the original post of this thread? I believe it is a Common Chameleon based on the location being Egypt that it was caught. I do not have a good reference for care requirements for this chameleon.

Ok i'm getting confused on how you actually got him.

Did you see him catch him while you were walking in the desert?

Did you buy it from a zoo that raised him?

Did you buy him from the zoo but the zoo said that it was wild caught?

be honest it dosent matter which one is tru I just want to know how you got him.
The third
They dont breed them they catch them in summer and release them in winter
(Fun fact a chameleon here is very cheap they cost like 2 dollars each which is also cheap in egyptian pounds so many dont bother breeding)

hello thats not a veiled chameleon i'm actually not sure which species that is maybe someone else will know. Can you please fill out this form? was it wild caught did you catch it youself?

It is onvioisly NOT a Yemen chameleon but the Common/European/Mediterranean Chameleon, Chamaeleo chamaeleon

i do not want to be offensive, but according to all you write you are not pretty knowledgeable and mishandle the chameleon badly

It is wild caught, what i know, in Egypt there are 2 species the green called agricultural(زراعي) cuz they live in green lands and the desert one(صحراوي ) lives in deserts. When i searched i found they were origionally in yemen then lived here as their homeland.

there are two species only in Egypt
None of them were originally from Yemen
Just the Common chameleon reaches in its southernmost range limit in yemen but in another sub species (C.c.orientalis)

Chamaeleon chamaeleon
And
Chamaeleo africanus

It is onvioisly NOT a Yemen chameleon but the Common/European/Mediterranean Chameleon, Chamaeleo chamaeleon

i do not want to be offensive, but according to all you write you are not pretty knowledgeable and mishandle the chameleon badly
Thank you Petr do you have a reference for the poster on how to properly care for this species? It is not one we see here.

No in my balcony there is direct sunlight enough for him, and temperature should be good this is his homeland and i provide water and misting and calcium powder i get from fish bone it works magic

that type of calcium powder is too high in salt
So it is not food for chameleons
You meed also other supplementa like bee pollen and mumtivitamis to
Keep him alive eapexially when you feed him with the mealworms, which is not a good fokd anyway

Thanks to know about the chameleon
But i really do know how to care for them they are not in enclosures and such but i spent weeks reading at first and had one before for a very long time but i see u r an expert or experienced at the least if u have any specific comment about my way of husbanding im glad to learn im serieous

Back
Top Bottom