Black Spot on Chams throat, please help

Akisas mom

My 2 year old panther chameleon is very spoiled and well taken care of. This morning I noticed a large black spot on his throat. To appear that quickly I'm quite concerned. My thoughts are burn from basking (I checked his basking temp and it was fine but he does occasionally hang from the ceiling), bruise from large cricket bite?? (I checked inside his mouth and it was fine), or bruise from fall??? (he has a large tree/plant by the window that he chills on and once I thought about it he did slip the other day and fall about 3 branches but that was about a week ago). I am deciding whether or not to take him to the urgent care. Please relay any ideas

I was able to get 3 picture in my profile of the spot but couldnt get them to attach on this thread.

A black area that sudden is most likely a bruise, and from looking at your pics I'd say a burn would have also discolored the raised nobules on his skin. Burns don't always show up black at first, and the throat isn't a common place for them as he probably doesn't spend a long time hanging upside down without moving around.

thnks

Good point. Tumors don't grow overnight. Ill hold off on the vet since he doesn't seem bothered and keep a close eye.

Back
Top Bottom