Black splotches on back

Gabdtz

• Your Chameleon -
  • jackson 6 months old
  • Handling - 10-20 min every other day
  • Feeding - eating 5-8 crickets a day, and spotted roaches
  • Watering - every day I turn dropped on a few times for a min or so, she runs right up to it, constant humidifier
  • Fecal Description - white and brown every day, looks healthy
  • History - I’ve had her since 8 weeks, she doesn’t often eat worms, only on rare occasions
Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - 18 inch, 36inch
  • Lighting - 50 watt turtle bulb
  • Zilla UV
  • Temperature - basking at 86, ambient heat around 75
  • Humidity - usually between 50-60
  • Placement - In living room, fairly high traffic area
  • Location - Boston MA

Current Problem - about 15 minutes ago she had a small black dot on back, and now it’s grown much larger. Will take to vet if necessary

Attachments

• 3258CC10-7143-4AEC-BA53-3D0AA7A159E3.jpeg
    3258CC10-7143-4AEC-BA53-3D0AA7A159E3.jpeg
    226.7 KB · Views: 124
In my opinion i dont think its a burn its possible how close is your lamp/ also do you feed him outside the cage or do you let the insects free roam

Be careful they may be eating him and if its spreading it could be infected also if its a burn make sure you lamp is raised off the metal wire and youre getting a temp of 85

Well, it could quite possibly be a burn. Here is a veiled female who has been burned in a small spot on the side of her abdomen. Sorry if the picture is blurry.
vKXgnwq.png

Could very well be a burn, but a vet would be better to confirm that. Here are some additionally husbandry notes/questions:

Can you elaborate on your watering schedule? I have no idea what that sentence is supposed to mean, but from what I could scrape together, it sounds to me like you need to make changes to your misting schedule. You do mist, right? That word never came up.

I would also stop handling your cham as much as you are. Every other day is kind of a lot, especially for a chameleon you've only had for 2 months.

Finally and most importantly, what is your supplements schedule? Looks like you omitted that section from the help form and it is one of the most important parts.

Back
Top Bottom