Black Soldier Fly Larvae ???

sageyurisic

I just recently received my black soldier fly larvae in the mail and they are not moving ?? my cham just looks at them rlly has no interest in eating them. not sure what to do.

If they are cold they will not move. And they dont get really wiggly till its time to pupate and they go on "the great journey" out of the compost heap. Most provide a ramp for them to journey on, then they fall off the ramp and the chickens eat them...

Attachments

• 4D566CCC-174E-4225-BF0D-BF87C4B25CE1.jpeg
    4D566CCC-174E-4225-BF0D-BF87C4B25CE1.jpeg
    123 KB · Views: 188
If they are cold they will not move. And they dont get really wiggly till its time to pupate and they go on "the great journey" out of the compost heap. Most provide a ramp for them to journey on, then they fall off the ramp and the chickens eat them...
i have them just sitting in my room. they shldnt be cold. idk how to feed them if they arnt moving and she isnt interested in things that arnt moving.

a couple are
So the black ones are pupating into flies. Make sure you have a lid on it. is the substrate really dry? I mist a bit of moisture into mine. I also put them in a window sill to warm up or in my heated tank. My boy loves them but I hand feed them so they move a bit when I hold them.

So the black ones are pupating into flies. Make sure you have a lid on it. is the substrate really dry? I mist a bit of moisture into mine. I also put them in a window sill to warm up or in my heated tank. My boy loves them but I hand feed them so they move a bit when I hold them.
the substrate is dry. im going to mist it a little and see what happens. i think they honestly might have been doa which sucks bc there is 500 of them.

the substrate is dry. im going to mist it a little and see what happens. i think they honestly might have been doa which sucks bc there is 500 of them.
They should be moving a little bit at least.. If they are literally not moving at all then they died.

I just recently received my black soldier fly larvae in the mail and they are not moving ?? my cham just looks at them rlly has no interest in eating them. not sure what to do.
This happened with my first order of BSFL (My beardie won't eat anything that isn't live & wriggling either). You may have just gotten a "stale" batch like I did. I would contact the vendor and explain the whole situation. That's what I did, and they replaced the order.

Symton® Black Soldier Fly Larvae (Until recently, BSFL was all they did).

This happened with my first order of BSFL (My beardie won't eat anything that isn't live & wriggling either). You may have just gotten a "stale" batch like I did. I would contact the vendor and explain the whole situation. That's what I did, and they replaced the order.

Symton® Black Soldier Fly Larvae (Until recently, BSFL was all they did).
thankyou so much thats the exact brand i ordered but i ordered them through amazon. i will be trying to contact them to see if they can do anything. if not im just gonna grab some more

I just got my babies eating BSFL first thing they will eat as fast as
i can drop them.
ye my cham seemed a little interested but bc they werent moving she cld care less lol when i put her crickets in her feeder cup she eats them up soooo fast its crazy lol

Back
Top Bottom