Black/blueish areas in side of my chameleon

Bamajoker

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care? 3month old male
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon? Once a week
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?Crickets and dubias, 10-15 a day. Gut loaded with carrots kale and sweet potatoes
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule? Repashy Calcium nod, and repashy LoD twice a month
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking? Mist morning and evening and drip water during daytime.
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites? Poop and urates look good
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you. She is a rescue and missing a couple toes on her back right foot.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions? 2x2x4 reptibreeze
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?24” reptisun T5 10.0 , 65w incandescent basking
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?basking is 85, floor is around 68-70
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?Humidity is around 40% during day and 70-90 during night
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?live plants, money tree and pothos
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor? Cage top is at about 7ft from ground. No fans or high traffic
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?A

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.
Cham has developed black/bluish areas on its side

7C868C58-D5DD-4AA8-87BE-DCFB0A0D10FD.jpeg
DC3BE54F-065A-4F9A-9FA6-AA6335DA3F15.jpeg
8DABF5C4-3082-49F6-8960-9541189419D9.jpeg
10AC4E4B-4CAD-4B54-83FD-BA7D6CF1A1B3.jpeg

what is the distance from the T5 to basking and from the heat bulb to basking? Are the black marks always there?

UVB is a good 12” or so away from basking area.

basking bulb is about 10” awayView attachment 271505
Ok that is perfect. I am leaning towards old injury... I am guessing the marks are always there? Almost looks like old burns.. specifically where they are.. Basking and leaning to the side. So side of belly and then along the spines even to where it crosses to the casque. Does not look like typical bruising that I have seen.

Ok that is perfect. I am leaning towards old injury... I am guessing the marks are always there? Almost looks like old burns.. specifically where they are.. Basking and leaning to the side. So side of belly and then along the spines even to where it crosses to the casque. Does not look like typical bruising that I have seen.

when I rescued her she had a foot injury that she has no healed up from but caused her to loose her toes. She was falling a good bit when the toe was messed up.

Here is a picture of the toe injury

C119D3BE-E165-47B8-A43C-51E3EFF613CD.png

Here is a picture after it healed, toes are now gone.
154A4413-67D7-4BA6-83A0-E35548257D42.jpeg

when I rescued her she had a foot injury that she has no healed up from but caused her to loose her toes. She was falling a good bit when the toe was messed up.

Here is a picture of the toe injury

View attachment 271508

Here is a picture after it healed, toes are now gone.
View attachment 271509
Poor sweet girl. Are the marks new? I am going with an abrasion... But it really looks like old thermal burns the way they are positioned. And her cage is very well laid out so I do not see how she could get abrasions like that in the cage.

Poor sweet girl. Are the marks new? I am going with an abrasion... But it really looks like old thermal burns the way they are positioned. And her cage is very well laid out so I do not see how she could get abrasions like that in the cage.

I don’t really get this one out that much so I’m not positive on how long it’s been there. I just noticed it yesterday so I’m going to say it appeared within the last 5 days.

She also isn’t a cage climber so I don’t think she could even get close enough for those type of burns

He had that spot but it went away.

View attachment 271511
Ok good lol. pretty boy.

I am going with an abrasion or bruise on your girl. maybe she was rubbing on a stick. It may be that she lost grip with her missing toes and fell and swung against a branch too. And since you said it just appeared it could not be old thermal burn trauma to the skin. Just keep an eye on her. If you see that she is struggling with grip you may need to add a few more branches for her.

Here are more pics
6683DB84-7A85-4444-84D9-F5835A14603E.jpeg
6683DB84-7A85-4444-84D9-F5835A14603E.jpeg
58F8ED35-7F53-4BB9-8AAB-5A890B4F7A62.jpeg

Attachments

• 8440C5CB-E921-4BE4-B669-4D86C0E60B5E.jpeg
    8440C5CB-E921-4BE4-B669-4D86C0E60B5E.jpeg
    243.1 KB · Views: 57
Back
Top Bottom