Biting Branch?

Jeeleon

Hey all,
Just wanted to know if it is normal for my cham to be chewing pieces off his branch? Its those sterilized branches that the kammers sell.
Thanks for the replies

I have branches from the kammers too and I would be very careful if he is actually getting pieces off and swallowing them if that is the case. I don't think he would be able to digest those. Is he actually biting off pieces or just biting on it and not breaking any off?

Hey all,
Just wanted to know if it is normal for my cham to be chewing pieces off his branch? Its those sterilized branches that the kammers sell.
Thanks for the replies
I posted a thread like this a while back as my cham was doing to same thing. It basically came down to that it was normal and as long as he's not able to chew pieces off, it's fine.

ya my cham was doing the same thing save yourself the headache and just take it out. thats what i did. Solved my problem

Hi Carol and Jenstar,
I dont think he is biting big pieces off, just little crisp off the outer layer. Its hard to explain. The outer layer of some branches are coming off and he is chewing on those I think. On other parts of branches he's just biting on them almost as if he's teething.

Yea you're right kevarc, better to be safe than sorry. Should I wait though? I have that branched tied w/ fishline. I really don't wanna take it out if I don't have to. Maybe he won't do it again....

I would just see if he stops doing it but if he is removing pieces then yes get rid of it. My chameleons was biting on these fake toucans tails(lol) I have hanging in my tiki patio bar and he did it for awhile and has not touched them again. I have no idea why he was chompinig on those but everytime I would let him crawl around out there I would take them down just to be on the safe side.

@ Carol LOL, see he keeps doing it and every time I sprayed him with a mister bottle so he can run away, but he keeps coming back to it. *sigh so stubborn...:mad:

isnt it his bed time yet? I woudl turn off his lights and maybe he will go to sleep!!! Seriously though, I would get rid of the branch. Are all the branches peeling? I never had one branch from them peel like that.

Yea that branch was peeling, and it had small tiny spoke poking from it. His bedtime is 8 which is in 2 hours. I removed the branch so do you think If I got him those grapevies they sell at Petco and Petsmart, that would be okay to replace this branch?

Back
Top Bottom