Bioactive, where you at petr!

Regarding everything we need to change, some of those I agree, some I don't think are as important as you make them out be. JMO. I just don't see why if you care so much about natural, you're just okay with plastic floors and then you fall back on the argument of doing minimal first when just a couple weeks ago you said:

i feel unfairly treated by you avain and have no fun and see no meaning in this debate.

I do NOT make anytjing important.
I answered in good faith your queshion about
My opinion on bioactivity.
I list potential danger without rating their importanfe.

in general, I do NOT agree with the necessity for an
Animal living high up kn tje trees to be hysteric a out the necessity to simullate for it forest floor to iˇitate the natural conditions.
it is. FAKE conceot IMHO.
If you want to be corrext, make a bioactive floor many many tens of feet. Eliw the mey place in tje xage where the chameleons dwell, then yoj will be justifying everytjing.
I insist on my HO that for canoy dweller, forest floor is a nonsense to imitaze, especially for those (C calyptratus, F oustaleti and many itjers) whi dk NOT live in a forest

None of what I said was meant to be disrespectful. You're just mad when people don't blindly follow you. You made this a problem when it wasn't... trust me, if I was being disrespectful you'd know it for certain. I don't see what the point of private messaging me, bragging that people didn't back what I say was.(yes, he messaged me that just now, forgot to add... apparently tons of people send him negative messages about me).Did I really hurt your feelings just from discussing/debating, is that offensive to you?

Not going to bother returning to a thread where reasonable questioning is considered a personal attack. You're allowed to have your views, so am I petr. I tagged you because I respect you and wanted your thoughts. I actually expected better answers than you provided because most of the time I enjoy reading what you have to say.

Last edited:
I'm a newb. I read various sites for a few months before deciding to go "bioactive". I must agree with the sentiment that the marketing is "self cleaning" and maybe that's where my ignorance took me. I also look at it like a big potted plant in the bottom, again through ignorance. I now find myself questioning what's the right decision, and is there a right decision.

I'm a newb. I read various sites for a few months before deciding to go "bioactive". I must agree with the sentiment that the marketing is "self cleaning" and maybe that's where my ignorance took me. I also look at it like a big potted plant in the bottom, again through ignorance. I now find myself questioning what's the right decision, and is there a right decision.
Go off of what’s best for you, I went from having the Standard sterile cage and I hated it. It was ugly looking and didn’t provide that more “natural” look a bioactive cage has. I researched for a few months gathered all the supply’s I needed, harassed @jamest0o0 in the DMS to teach me everything he knew. Now all my reptiles are in bioactive cages and they all seem happier. I might only “clean” my cages once a month or when I see poop on a leaf up top. All I do is throw the poop in the dirt clean the leaf and move on. The isopods I have in the cage destroy any plant or animal waste I throw down there.

At the end of the day it’s what YOU as the keeper are comfortable with

As a new keeper, it's hard to know what you are comfortable with; you go off all the information you can absorb. It goes in so many ways too!
I understand I was new once, there is a lot of information out there and I’m sure you just want what’s best for your reptile. You could always find someone to mentor you and help you understand better, that always helps just talking things out with ppl if you don’t understand. If it wasn’t for a lot of members on this site I would have original failed when I started keeping chameleons. Most are friendly here and are always happy to help a fellow keeper out. So don’t be afraid to ask questions

Lol even me(as friendly), I'm always happy to answer questions if you have any. I have no negative feelings towards anyone in this thread. Just don't know why petr started PMing me about this when I thought it was pretty civil. I've been on vacation, that's why I haven't been replying.

Let me be clear, I don't judge someone for not doing bio. Not everyone can do it right on the spot for one reason or another. If you're a new keeper, with a new chameleon then there are surely a lot of things you want to get squared away. There's no problem with starting with or without bio IMO. My purpose of this thread(and why I quoted petr's other post after he replied to me) was to talk about moving towards the best care we are capable of. IMO bioactivity falls into that category of being part of advancing your care. Can I say for absolute certain? No, but no one can say either way. It's just my feelings on it and you can make your decision based on the information around it. In europe, bioactivity is standard in most set ups and they do very well over there from my understanding.

Back
Top Bottom