Bioactive Mentor

LMAO In soviet Russia... you don't pick what t.v. plays, t.v. picks for you lol.
While working for the military abroad I got to watch military tv and wow those commercials sucked lol “that’s not what right looks like” I think it was called afn if I remember correctly

But unfortunately even GOT is turning into trash TV. Season 8 sucks, you can tell the show is no longer being based off the book. They are taking all the shortcuts and lazy writing cop outs that the first 7 seasons never had. It’s become formulaic. I’m really not even all that anxious to watch these last two episodes...

But unfortunately even GOT is turning into trash TV. Season 8 sucks, you can tell the show is no longer being based off the book. They are taking all the shortcuts and lazy writing cop outs that the first 7 seasons never had. It’s become formulaic. I’m really not even all that anxious to watch these last two episodes...
Yesssss!! I’m sooo upset 2 years of waiting for this trash! I still love GOT but season 8 has disappointed me and with one episode left idk how that will make up for what they laid out

Just saw this, I've been complaining about how disappointed I was with season 8. We were rewatching it before 8 and just watched season 4.... the difference between 4 and 8 is so drastic they might as well be different shows. After such an epic story that could have had so many amazing twists they end the show on that note.... talk about a cash grab.

Just saw this, I've been complaining about how disappointed I was with season 8. We were rewatching it before 8 and just watched season 4.... the difference between 4 and 8 is so drastic they might as well be different shows. After such an epic story that could have had so many amazing twists they end the show on that note.... talk about a cash grab.
It was painfully obvious where they transitioned from Martin’s writing to Hollywood’s crap. I always expected D to die in the end, one way or another, and I was cool with that. GOT definitely isn’t afraid to kill off main characters, part of the reason it was so good. Everything in season 8 and late season 7 could be seen coming from a mile away. Nothing but tired, repetitive, clichés.

EVERYONE at the battle of Winterfell should have died, period. How the F are you going to build up the Night King for 8 seasons only to have him die from one poke and set off a domino effect killing every one of his soldiers? One poke kills a whole army? Please. Lazy writing at its best.

Rant over, I feel better now!
C0BD6B1E-AC01-40A1-888C-78A3CF7499F3.jpeg

Scratch that, not done!

WTF is up with melting the stupid throne? Are we expected to believe the dragon is capable of understanding symbolism, what the throne represents, but too stupid to get that this dude just shanked his mom 5 seconds before he showed up? This is the GOT equivalent of the Saints no pass interference call!

.... OK, gotta walk away.... deep breaths...

Scratch that, not done!

WTF is up with melting the stupid throne? Are we expected to believe the dragon is capable of understanding symbolism, what the throne represents, but too stupid to get that this dude just shanked his mom 5 seconds before he showed up? This is the GOT equivalent of the Saints no pass interference call!

.... OK, gotta walk away.... deep breaths...
Not that I agree with anything that happened in season 8(except for D dying, that obviously had to happen) but I think the reason the dragon didnt kill Jon was because he is a Targaryen. I'd be willing to bet if the dragon did try, the dragon fire wouldnt kill him. I was very surprised that there was no scene depicting Jon being invulnerable to fire, like they did for D, once they revealed he was in fact a T. That's something that annoyed me also. Not even in a small simple way! Like him playing with a candle to test his fire blood! Nothing!

Not that I agree with anything that happened in season 8(except for D dying, that obviously had to happen) but I think the reason the dragon didnt kill Jon was because he is a Targaryen. I'd be willing to bet if the dragon did try, the dragon fire wouldnt kill him. I was very surprised that there was no scene depicting Jon being invulnerable to fire, like they did for D, once they revealed he was in fact a T. That's something that annoyed me also. Not even in a small simple way! Like him playing with a candle to test his fire blood! Nothing!
Diddnt think of the T blood aspect, but he still could have bit the F out of him, he shanked your mom! She was still bleeding when he walked in!

Diddnt think of the T blood aspect, but he still could have bit the F out of him, he shanked your mom! She was still bleeding when he walked in!
Maybe the dragon was pissed at her for making him kill all those people! You dont know him!
Also i like how you bumped this post just to complain some more about season 8, because we really do need a support group for how bad that season was

I couldn't agree more, I could rant all day about it lol. To me it was just them cashing out saying F all the fans. I find it hard anyone would be stupid enough to butcher an otherwise amazing show that badly on accident.
To be fair, GRRM did tell D&D how he wanted it to end and they had to stick to that. But I think HOW they got to the end is the issue, not the end per say

Exactly! They just wanted big cinematic effects, no in depth plot leading up to it. They turned it into the new star wars(which suck), if you thought about anything that happened it didn't make much sense.
For me, it wasnt so much about what did happen not making sense, but how the things that were left out/forgotten about that didnt make sense. Like they had SO much character development, foreshadowing, and plot development that they just didnt wrap up or do anything with. They just left it there.

Back
Top Bottom