Bioactive Mentor

man, that is one lucky chameleon!!! Roux must be very happy in there, glad to see he's settling well, also very nice work on the cage, it looks perfect! now. where did you buy the cabinet? this thread is very inspiring

man, that is one lucky chameleon!!! Roux must be very happy in there, glad to see he's settling well, also very nice work on the cage, it looks perfect! now. where did you buy the cabinet? this thread is very inspiring
Built it. Go on Facebook marketplace and search for these, you can get one for about $100:
Glass cabinet
Display cabinet
China cabinet
Curio cabinet
Hutch
China

What does everyone do about mold? Cleaning crew?

MistKing is on the right side of the viv, nothing on left. I put the two trees in at the same time, the one by MistKing is notably darker and has small spots of mold on the bottom. How can I manage this?
B648A907-0C92-40D7-975D-EF38E9543053.jpeg
263BCD79-8672-414D-B884-BE9D14F2E633.jpeg
675B1DBF-3AA8-4B8A-9A53-5DE90DBCD35D.jpeg

I’ve always thought the enemy of mold/mildew was good ventilation, and springtails. That high up the branches, I would say springtails are useless. Maybe utilize a computer fan over that side of the enclosure. Run it a few minutes a day, that may help. It’s a large enclosure, so a little man-made wind may not be enough.

I pourpously planted that side of the viv heavily since it’s below the MistKing, wanted to make as many surfaces for him to drink from as possible. I’m going to thin it out and see what happens first. If that doesn’t work then I’ll have to find a way to hide that fan. Thanks!

Love it!
Also love super smash bros music in the background!
Did we just become best friends!?!

Me and my little brother played that game for I don’t know how many thousands of hours when we young! I hadn’t touched a video game in 10 years until I bought a Wii for my 6yo a few weeks ago. My son, brother, and I have been completely geeking out on it every night since then. Can you picture two 30 something men jumping up and down screaming in frustration because they are getting merked by a 6yo?! I can only imaging what the neighbors think!

Same brand I use, you have good taste!

Haha right on!! I'm using them over my exo's to pull daytime humidity down. I was pretty impressed with how well the first s3 did considering how I set the test exo up.

Did you add springtails yet? Being still relatively "fresh" it's likely going through a cycle but with that part of the branch being by the brom they may go for it.

Haha right on!! I'm using them over my exo's to pull daytime humidity down. I was pretty impressed with how well the first s3 did considering how I set the test exo up.

Did you add springtails yet? Being still relatively "fresh" it's likely going through a cycle but with that part of the branch being by the brom they may go for it.
I’ve got about 100 and 30 isopods. Would you just toss them in or set up cultures? I’ve been reading on it but haven’t had time to mess with it yet...

Blue's I just tossed them in. I set up masters late last year when I decided to turn them all bio though. Blue's cage could probably seed every cage I have and then some though lol. Springtails will migrate so I wouldn't stress on what you do with them to much. I had them travel across my daughters room from Lola's cage and seed my master iso cultures with no help from me at all, that I know of anyway. What iso's did you end up picking up?

Blue's I just tossed them in. I set up masters late last year when I decided to turn them all bio though. Blue's cage could probably seed every cage I have and then some though lol. Springtails will migrate so I wouldn't stress on what you do with them to much. I had them travel across my daughters room from Lola's cage and seed my master iso cultures with no help from me at all, that I know of anyway. What iso's did you end up picking up?
Lol, got some runners huh?

200 springs
25 isos
B4084427-8EB2-4E7A-938A-7FD301500707.png

Haven't checked out this thread yet, but saw your pictures. Great job! I always talk to my wife about how I want a nice display at our new house eventually. I showed her pictures of your enclosure saying we could do something similar. I think it's got her convinced.

Haven't checked out this thread yet, but saw your pictures. Great job! I always talk to my wife about how I want a nice display at our new house eventually. I showed her pictures of your enclosure saying we could do something similar. I think it's got her convinced.
Thank you! You can get some quality, cheap ones on Facebook Marketplace for ~$100, sometimes free! I check it regularly!

Back
Top Bottom