Bioactive bearded dragon enclosure!!!!

I'm having problems with the beardie forums and Bilbo doesn't look the same as usual should I wait for the uvb to work?
IMG_20220327_131246174.jpg
shes closing her eyes more than usual

You have the T5 with a 10.0 and her basking platform is about 6-7” away from it? If so, then she may start to perk up in a few days.
About that yeah, yay!!!! I'm so excited! She's going to be my best friend lol I bought her rubber ducks for her baths (I'm gonna clean them and not leave them in)

Like when will she start walking around and doing stuff to the extent normal beardies do?
Has she brumated recently? When Ol' Stinkeye did, it took him a few weeks to really get back to himself, and after that he was a bobbing fool (looking for love in all the wrong places).

Beardies are much different that chams. Wherein a cham's eyes being closed during the day is very bad, with a beardie, it can be just part of their zen.

Has she brumated recently? When Ol' Stinkeye did, it took him a few weeks to really get back to himself, and after that he was a bobbing fool (looking for love in all the wrong places).

Beardies are much different that chams. Wherein a cham's eyes being closed during the day is very bad, with a beardie, it can be just part of their zen.
No she hasn't, but she eats when I bring food to her I think she's just getting back in the game slowly but surely over the course of a few days probably by this weekend

I got my 4 foot uvb (10.0) for the 5.6 foot long enclosure and i ordered the flooring tiles which will be here april 15th! i also got the main enclosure thing and started working on it

IME, leave the tiles for last. You'll need a flat level floor, and I would (did) install the door first, so you'll know exactly what size to cut tiles.

Will you be splitting the substrate into half tile/half lay bin, or all tile and just add a lay bin on top?
At any rate, re-read post #80 as to how I laid the tiles in. If you need more pics, let me know; I can pull a tile.

IME, leave the tiles for last. You'll need a flat level floor, and I would (did) install the door first, so you'll know exactly what size to cut tiles.

Will you be splitting the substrate into half tile/half lay bin, or all tile and just add a lay bin on top?
At any rate, re-read post #80 as to how I laid the tiles in. If you need more pics, let me know; I can pull a tile.
I'm gonna have an external lay bin in the enclosure and to make the floor level I just have to remove a few pieces of wood

I'm gonna have an external lay bin in the enclosure and to make the floor level I just have to remove a few pieces of wood
(y) Just keep in mind that whatever is left (the flat floor) will still need to be strong enough to support the weight of the tiles, plants, and anything else (rocks, brick, whatever...). Reinforcing—if needed—can be done from underneath.

At least you won't have to worry about drainage! 😁 :LOL:

(y) Just keep in mind that whatever is left (the flat floor) will still need to be strong enough to support the weight of the tiles, plants, and anything else (rocks, brick, whatever...). Reinforcing—if needed—can be done from underneath.

At least you won't have to worry about drainage! 😁 :LOL:
Yeah lol! Totally it's so much fun to repurpose things like this to actually be cool!

She's starting to move her head more than usual which is good I think but I have to go on vacation tomorrow so I set up a camera to watch all my animals that I can tap into whenever I want to have peace of mind and I have a nice neighbor who could check in them too, you said she would perk up in a few days so I hope she's all good soon
IMG_20220402_154940960.jpg

She's starting to move her head more than usual which is good I think but I have to go on vacation tomorrow so I set up a camera to watch all my animals that I can tap into whenever I want to have peace of mind and I have a nice neighbor who could check in them too, you said she would perk up in a few days so I hope she's all good soon

What I said was...
When Ol' Stinkeye [brumated], it took him a few weeks to really get back to himself,

1648942190876.png

They're all different!

Back
Top Bottom