Bioactive bearded dragon enclosure!!!!

Thatcher

Chameleon Enthusiast
I made a bioactive bearded dragon enclosure! It has leaf litter,Zilla eco earth stuff, and 6 powder orange isopods and springtails! I'm adding a kale plant today!
IMG_20220306_203244_01.jpg
old pic at night with lights on for pic

I made a bioactive bearded dragon enclosure! It has leaf litter,Zilla eco earth stuff, and 6 powder orange isopods and springtails! I'm adding a kale plant today!View attachment 320978old pic at night with lights on for pic
This is great! You may want to add a bit of organic soil and chopped up sphagnum moss to mix in with the eco earth. That will provide a little more moisture retention for your isopods. I’m not sure if the 6 powder oranges will avoid being eaten long enough to reproduce. If you need/want some giant canyon isos, I’ll send you a bunch. Will just need you to pay shipping. PM me if interested. :)

This is great! You may want to add a bit of organic soil and chopped up sphagnum moss to mix in with the eco earth. That will provide a little more moisture retention for your isopods. I’m not sure if the 6 powder oranges will avoid being eaten long enough to reproduce. If you need/want some giant canyon isos, I’ll send you a bunch. Will just need you to pay shipping. PM me if interested. :)
Oh awesome!!!! Thanks!!!!

She hasn't eaten recently, should I be worried? She also is shedding a little bit on her tail that sensitive because it was necrotic before I got her

I wish I knew enough about beardies to offer substantial help. What is it that she isn’t eating…salad or bugs? How long since she’s eaten?
@kinyonga should have some wisdom for you.
I did more research and found out that they have lazy periods of time but I'll keep an eye on her. She isn't eating anything currently and its been about 4 days so I think she'll be all good soon.

I don’t know if it’s beardie breeding season, but that could account for a decreased appetite. Have you checked your temps lately? If it’s not hot enough, that would be another reason. Have you had a fecal check for parasites recently?

I don’t know if it’s beardie breeding season, but that could account for a decreased appetite. Have you checked your temps lately? If it’s not hot enough, that would be another reason. Have you had a fecal check for parasites recently?
No I haven't checked for parasites, I will when I find the next poop l, the temps are good but I'll double check

So since I provided the proper basking platform she has been basking all day and when I try to move her she goes right back I changed my uvb bulb to see if that would help and my room has gotten hotter which is a reoccurring problem but has nothing to do with this

She also hasn't pooped in a while now I'm worried beacause she's not going down for water however i do only see her in the morning and evening so maybe she does stuff then???

Back
Top Bottom