Big belly

NatNat1028

Hey so I have a year and a half vailed chameleon. Today around noon while I was at work my brother noticed he was keeping his right eye shut and was sinking it in. When I called the breeder he said maybe something is suck in it and to put him in the shower to see if he could get it out. I noticed while I was looking at him his belly is big and he seemed almost in pain? I'm not sure but like he had a belly ache? Idk what to do

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    189.4 KB · Views: 317
I think there is more than one issue going on here, they may or may not be related. My initial reaction to his belly was impaction but the swelling seems to be forward of where his intestines are. Can you post a better profile picture so I can see exactly where the swelling is? Is his stomach firm and does it appear to cause him discomfort when you touch it?

As for his eyes, well, they’re his eyes. He should see a vet for this alone.

I think there is more than one issue going on here, they may or may not be related. My initial reaction to his belly was impaction but the swelling seems to be forward of where his intestines are. Can you post a better profile picture so I can see exactly where the swelling is? Is his stomach firm and does it appear to cause him discomfort when you touch it?

As for his eyes, well, they’re his eyes. He should see a vet for this alone.
He has a vet appointment today so hopefully I can get him back to his normal self.

Attachments

• 75416AC5-D134-462C-9471-4914016538E2.jpeg
    75416AC5-D134-462C-9471-4914016538E2.jpeg
    177.2 KB · Views: 147
yea it would have had to be like meal worms for months or years to cause impaction, its not that, I'm drawing a blank, keep us posted on what the vet says because brody is right unless they tell u to worry then don't because at this point I'm jut guessing, not even educated guessing just guessing... like no substrate no mealworms idk what in the world it could be!! live plants??? I'm totally drawing blank but yea enough of my rambling, keep us posted!!!

yea it would have had to be like meal worms for months or years to cause impaction, its not that, I'm drawing a blank, keep us posted on what the vet says because brody is right unless they tell u to worry then don't because at this point I'm jut guessing, not even educated guessing just guessing... like no substrate no mealworms idk what in the world it could be!! live plants??? I'm totally drawing blank but yea enough of my rambling, keep us posted!!!
Thank you though!!! I haven't had him very long so I want to make sure I'm doing everything right! Thank you for the informarion!

Thank you though!!! I haven't had him very long so I want to make sure I'm doing everything right! Thank you for the informarion!
HEY So everything is fine he said it was a something thats is relatively normal. I'm not sure the exact word he used but he said basically he may have been dehydrated which cause this, for lack of a better frase, butt plug type thing. All he did was simply remove it and for the eye he said there might be some dust so I am doing drops just to make sure no infections start

So he removed an impaction? What do you mean by “butt plug?

I can see this thread going down hill fast so I might as well get it started... is he saying that the dehydration resulted in a lack of natural lube preventing you Cham from removing the butt plug on his own?

Back
Top Bottom