Bi-polar veiled

Anisa.corp

Established Member
so I've had my veiled for about a week he is 2.5 years old and he LOVES to go outside (I know I'm not supposed to hold him yet but he gets himself into situations where he needs my help sometimes lol) but whenever I open his cage he runs over to the door and start climbing toward me so of course I figured this meant he wanted out and then he started trying to bite me which is normal I'm just wondering am I reading his emotions wrong? When he comes to the front is that a defense thing or does he truly want to come out?

so I've had my veiled for about a week he is 2.5 years old and he LOVES to go outside (I know I'm not supposed to hold him yet but he gets himself into situations where he needs my help sometimes lol) but whenever I open his cage he runs over to the door and start climbing toward me so of course I figured this meant he wanted out and then he started trying to bite me which is normal I'm just wondering am I reading his emotions wrong? When he comes to the front is that a defense thing or does he truly want to come out?
it could mean that he dosen't like his cage.... but some chams are just explorative. Can we see pics of the enclosure?

it could mean that he dosen't like his cage.... but some chams are just explorative. Can we see pics of the enclosure?
Yep ill take pics but I will be changing it because I just got him a new money tree and I also want to go find some drift wood

Attachments

• 15973237927639215024366472130205.jpg
    15973237927639215024366472130205.jpg
    187.3 KB · Views: 103
You're confusing borderline with bipolar ;)

Otherwise I agree with the others
But is him running toward me him wanting to go outside or trying to defend his home? (I will definitely take the advice and put more plants and sticks in for him)

If you leave the door open and walk away, does he try to climb out of the cage or does he go back to where he was?

That is a sad setup. You should have a bit of trouble finding the cham in the pic...

You might be able to chop that potho up into a few plastic coke bottles and mount them to the screen to make a "bush" so he feels more secure.

That is a sad setup. You should have a bit of trouble finding the cham in the pic...

You might be able to chop that potho up into a few plastic coke bottles and mount them to the screen to make a "bush" so he feels more secure.
I actually just start growing some more pathos from that one. Do you think this tree i got him will help him feel more safe?

Attachments

• 15973262225931287033754943165685.jpg
    15973262225931287033754943165685.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 67
I actually just start growing some more pathos from that one. Do you think this tree i got him will help him feel more safe?

Just about anything works. He just wants to hide in a bush. In his little mind, if he cant see you, you cant see him, even though the back legs and full tail are clearly visible :) . It doesnt matter if the inner cage is barren.

Just about anything works. He just wants to hide in a bush. In his little mind, if he cant see you, you cant see him, even though the back legs and full tail are clearly visible :) . It doesnt matter if the inner cage is barren.
This is where he sees me most of the time so I added some fake vins thank you for the advice!

Attachments

• 15973270976973654755915816007660.jpg
    15973270976973654755915816007660.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 72
i agree with others i think he is insecure because his cage is bare. Remember it should look like a jungle and you should have trouble finding him every time you look at his cage

Back
Top Bottom