Best Way to Feed Chameleons?

Seems like it is the most popular way to feed them
Works for dogs & bachelors too. :LOL:

1646583579672.png

Cup feed 100% except houseflies; Small things such as BSF I put on my hand and offer. I like to visually see the insects get eaten, and I don't like free rangers as I feel they can pollute the cage and cause potential problems; for example, a cricket drinks "poopwater" (water drops washed down to the bottom of enclosure, although I clean out poops daily) and then cham eats it. Not to mention if something hides and dies. Unless the shooting gallery/seed cup is cleaned regularly I don't like the idea of the cham's tongue picking up insect frass along with its bugs.
Thanks!

I use a DIY shooting gallery for my adults and free range for the babies. The shooting gallery works great but takes too much space for a baby's cage. Free range makes them hunt (which is good) but sometimes you'll have crickets escaping and if you don't clean the cage often they might eat your chameleon's poop and give it parasites.
What is a shooting gallery?

What is a shooting gallery?

1646586716103..jpg

It's basically a food container with a window for the chameleon to peak into. It's important that it's not a clear one, because they will try to shoot their tongue on the outside and might cause injuries.

Attachments

• 1646586477320..jpg
    1646586477320..jpg
    331 KB · Views: 74
I love my Shooting Gallery feeders, as mentioned above they don't have sharp edges and they come with point protectors for the pins and a ledge built into the bottom edge for the chameleon to perch that protect their feet. I also have an alternative to tong feeding using a spoon to hold the insect. I'm not squeamish about holding bugs but some of my chams will do a little dance before eating and by then the bug is halfway up my arm and we have to start over. The spoon mostly keeps them in place. Doesn't work for crickets.

IMG_2800.jpg
IMG_2450.jpg

I love my Shooting Gallery feeders, as mentioned above they don't have sharp edges and they come with point protectors for the pins and a ledge built into the bottom edge for the chameleon to perch that protect their feet. I also have an alternative to tong feeding using a spoon to hold the insect. I'm not squeamish about holding bugs but some of my chams will do a little dance before eating and by then the bug is halfway up my arm and we have to start over. The spoon mostly keeps them in place. Doesn't work for crickets.

View attachment 321127View attachment 321128
Are these 24x24x48 divided in 2?? 😍😍

Yes, but dividing cages is a bigger pain than you would think because of the way the lower door hinges and the bottom sags. With the single door you really have to watch both chameleons carefully when closing up.

We are getting off topic PM me if you need more details.

Back
Top Bottom