Best site to buy new fake foliage!

Just bought our little guy his largest enclosure looking for the best site to buy a large amount of fake foliage and some real plants as well! I spent about $200 on the cage so I want to spend about another $100 in vines and leaves etc! Thanks for the help!

Just bout our little guy his largest enclosure looking for the best site to buy a large amount of fake foliage and some real plants as well! I spent about $200 on the cage so I want to spend about another $100 in vines and leaves etc! Thanks for the help!
Have you set up the main basking areas?

This is his current home!

Attachments

• 78741E22-C809-4EA8-B722-55F09BEA2070.jpeg
    78741E22-C809-4EA8-B722-55F09BEA2070.jpeg
    258.8 KB · Views: 130
  • 58E89251-EE77-43BC-9E84-D740F8900671.jpeg
    58E89251-EE77-43BC-9E84-D740F8900671.jpeg
    177.7 KB · Views: 128
Yes I saw.

During the day when we run our chameleons heat, it isn't great to also run a fogger as it can cause respiratory infections. To maintain humidity wrap a shower curtain around 2-3 sides of your cage. How often is his cage misted?

Yes I saw.

During the day when we run our chameleons heat, it isn't great to also run a fogger as it can cause respiratory infections. To maintain humidity wrap a shower curtain around 2-3 sides of your cage. How often is his cage misted?
he has a reptirain and it's set at every hour for a minute.

Yes I saw.

Do you suggest I run the fog at night when it's cold...?

If you are going to run a fogger, run it at night. '

If you are concerned about the cold, don't worry. Chameleon require a natural drastic drop in temperature at night, along with higher humidity as well.

If you are going to run a fogger, run it at night. '

If you are concerned about the cold, don't worry. Chameleon require a natural drastic drop in temperature at night, along with higher humidity as well.
Yes I do know that just concerned with wet and cold idk I was told not to do that prior... but I'm always open to advice

Do you suggest I run the fog at night when it's cold...?
This is a hotly debated topic: captive orthodoxy vs. Natural hydration. There are not easy answers here. Orthodoxy has is to hydrate when they’re awake, ‘cause that’s when they drink. Natural hydration says humidity nearing 100% at night is more in keeping with the natural humidity cycle, and the chams loose less moisture to respiration during the night, so their drinking requirements during the day are diminished. The idea is to mist before lights on to create a nice dew-like mist on the leaves for morning drinking, little to no misting during lights on, and misting just after lights out, with fogging starting at 3 or 4 am and ending before lights on. The idea is high humidity at night, drinkable dew in the morning, humidity drop during the day, and humidity rise at night.

don’t get me wrong. A multitude of chams have been raised and bred using several daytime misting/fogging sessions, and nothing at night. So both strategies work. It’s up to you to look further into this.

ps: I’ve been keeping chams for less than 2 years, and am just regurgitating what I’ve read and heard.

My input on everything:
Dont fog as much or just fog less during the day
Wrap a shower curtain around 2-3 sides of your cage
Mist for at least 2 minutes, a little less often. Maybe every 2-3 hours instead of every hour.

For the foliage, I honestly would recommend live plants, not fake! live plants drastically raise humidity (which couldn't hurt in your case)

Pothos plants and schefflera fill out space very well and are cham safe. Grab a big Pothos and sheffalera or other cham safe plants from Home Depot or Lowes. Rinse off all of the rising soil from roots, repot with plain topsoil. Rinse off the plants leaves well to get rid of pesticides.

This is a hotly debated topic: captive orthodoxy vs. Natural hydration. There are not easy answers here. Orthodoxy has is to hydrate when they’re awake, ‘cause that’s when they drink. Natural hydration says humidity nearing 100% at night is more in keeping with the natural humidity cycle, and the chams loose less moisture to respiration during the night, so their drinking requirements during the day are diminished. The idea is to mist before lights on to create a nice dew-like mist on the leaves for morning drinking, little to no misting during lights on, and misting just after lights out, with fogging starting at 3 or 4 am and ending before lights on. The idea is high humidity at night, drinkable dew in the morning, humidity drop during the day, and humidity rise at night.

don’t get me wrong. A multitude of chams have been raised and bred using several daytime misting/fogging sessions, and nothing at night. So both strategies work. It’s up to you to look further into this.

ps: I’ve been keeping chams for less than 2 years, and am just regurgitating what I’ve read and heard.
No I really appreciate the advice!! Don't think I don't at all I want to give him the best home possible that's all I care about!!

Also, I use the natural method, but my chams live in a greenhouse, so my data points will not easily translate into house kept situations.

Back
Top Bottom