Best site to buy new fake foliage!

^^^^^^^^^ Listen to the podcasts they are great

But seriously, if I had to suggest something involving plants, live all the way. Will help with humidity a ton.

^^^^^^^^^ Listen to the podcasts they are great

But seriously, if I had to suggest something involving plants, live all the way. Will help with humidity a ton.
Even some for just hiding etc his new cage is the 36x18x36 and I need vines as well just looking for filler but I will 100% now be adding live plants!!

Just to check a few other areas, can you please fill out the form to your best ability and detail.
Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

--------------

Please Note:
  1. The more details you provide the better and more accurate help you will receive.
  2. Photos can be very helpful.

(I realize this is not what you posted about) I agree with misting less often, but for more time. I have my reptirain set for 12 hour intervals, and when i hear it go off, i just turn it off and back on so it mists for 2 minutes. They dont need such high humidity during the day.

I have a veiled though, and so it may not be the same...
Also in california, but youll need to figure out what works best for your area.

Last edited:
Your enclosure is screen, correct? If it’s not too late, see if you can change (if it’s not already) the new enclosure to glass so it keeps moisture better. Live plants hold moisture better then fake ones, I would use 90% real plants and fake plants as fillers and pathways.

Just to check a few other areas, can you please fill out the form to your best ability and detail.
Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • My chameleon is a panther chameleon male and he's a year and 2 months old and I've had him for about 11 months now!
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon? I handle him about every 3-4 days! He is very sweet has not got angry or puffed up at me!
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders? I feed him an array of diff things crickets, super worms, Dubai roaches, horn worms as a treat. I feed him about 5-6 crickets or worms depending on size every other day.
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule? I use repti calcium every time he eats and every other Monday sticky tongue farms and then herptavite the other week! Just two Monday's out of the month he switches between those.
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking? I use a repti rain and just changed to every two hours for two minutes I have seen him drink! But I don't always!
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites? He hasn't been tested it looks like a little white top and the bottom is brown.
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions? He has a screen cage now
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using?
    I use a 100 watt light bulb and a 5 point uvb strip light
  • What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • He has light all day 12 on 12 off
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps? The top of the cage is about 95 f the middle is around 85 f and the bottom is around 70-75f the lowest at night is 65f
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • I have a humidity gauge it's about 60 percent in the day
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind? Not currently
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?the top of my cage is about 6 ft off the floor he's in a low traffic area no fans or air vents directly near him.
  • Location - Where are you geographically located? I'm in Northern California

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.
No problems just getting a larger cage and needed help with some adjusting! Anything helps
--------------

Please Note:
  1. The more details you provide the better and more accurate help you will receive.
  2. Photos can be very helpful.

Also wondering if you have any advice on the foliage etc? I need a good website
Honestly natural branches work great. Free easy to customize your length. But for vines I'd check Michael's or a craft store that has a floral section often times if your buying branches online it's awfully expensive to ship.

https://www.chameleonbreeder.com/podcast/ep-89-naturalistic-hydration-for-chameleons/
They discuss water usage and fog at night in this episode I believe.

Before you transfer him over set it up and dial in your temps and branch heights.

Your enclosure is screen, correct? If it’s not too late, see if you can change (if it’s not already) the new enclosure to glass so it keeps moisture better. Live plants hold moisture better then fake ones, I would use 90% real plants and fake plants as fillers and pathways.

This is an option to cover a side without using fabric or shower curtain. Fits the edges well and adhesive Velcro can be used so you can remove it if needed for cleaning.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Clear-PETG...ester-Sheet-RC-Hobby-/282273000670?nav=SEARCH

More pictures of my boy!

Attachments

• 36B6F850-7A0A-4063-BFF6-ACCE12972533.jpeg
    36B6F850-7A0A-4063-BFF6-ACCE12972533.jpeg
    244.9 KB · Views: 84
  • 5E0D91A6-596D-4551-AE65-D656509B439A.jpeg
    5E0D91A6-596D-4551-AE65-D656509B439A.jpeg
    172.7 KB · Views: 76
  • A1A514C2-A347-411D-9897-42243556FDDC.jpeg
    A1A514C2-A347-411D-9897-42243556FDDC.jpeg
    274.7 KB · Views: 113
Thank you I think that would work well on the back! Do you think that's a good option?
I bought some a while back ebay had free shipping at the time or something like that. If you want to keep humidity in / close out a draft they will do the trick. This manufacturer does offer different thickness as well.

If your planning on using ghost wood or any of the common ones offered at pet shops be mindful they do take on a lot of mist and can mold depending on where they are placed when doing your build out try to be mindful of the mister and if you do choose to use a cloth or sheet or something know that paired with live plants your humidity will be great.

I spent a great deal of money on plastic vines, etc. Only to see.....on day ONE....my Veiled Chameleon biting a leaf.
Now I use live POTHOS. It's edible and lives and grows great in low light situations.
Be careful with plastics if you have a species of cham that will sometimes eat plant matter.

I wouldn't change it to glass as the air inside could get very stagnant. I would go with a shower curtain or window insulation plastic (mentioned above) , as you can easily remove those if needed.

Cant wait to see his new enclosure once you get it it done.

Back
Top Bottom