Best place to purchase panther chameleons

csmolins89

Just starting some research, I currently own a Veiled chameleon and I am looking for my second cham to join my collection. Just curious if anyone has any recommendations for a very good panther chameleon breeder (Be it individuals or a business). I would like to find a place that has good success rates and just curious if anyone has opinions over one place to another. thanks!

I have had, for reasons unknown, and rather mysterious, bad luck with panthers.
Have had 3 in row die from inherited problems.

I now have 2 panthers, one is abnormally small, and seems to have a problem breathing through his nose. He has not shown any classic symtoms of any infections, so may have just been born this way.

The other panther is large and healthy. I got him from Komeleons.
So, based on my experience, and not saying the other 2 breeders are bad, if I were to buy another panther it would be from the only place I had luck with.

But that's just my own strange experience, I am sure any of the site sponsors would be equally fine to buy one from.

PS. I would recommend buying from a small scale breeder who does not do it for a living.
They tend to be much more pampering, handling, fussing over their babies. Large scale breeder do not have that kind of time to
spend on each individual baby. So, small breeders handle the chams much more, and you are more likely to get a cham that is
already used to being handled, which goes a very long way in taming them as a pet.
One more thing, before you buy from anyone, do yourself a favor and look them up on Fauna's BOI (board of inquiry) to see what feedback (if any) they
have gotten from their customers.

Last edited:
I think it really depends on where you live. I did not want my cham shipped to me. It had to be a breeder within a 2-3 hour drive each way. That really slimmed it up for me so I did a lot of research on breeders near me. I found Bruce @ Chameleon Paradise and he asked me all theright questions. He wanted to know what kind and size cage, what supps I had, lighting, everything. I couldn't be happier with my purchase. Research, don't settle for something you don't want and don't rush.

I don't know where you live, but I prefer to look at the chameleon before buying it if possible. There are a lot of reputable breeders all over the country.
Another option is the reptile shows- you can check out several breeders and their animals in one location.

I wouldn't worry too much about having a chameleon shipped. We ship all the time and it really isn't too hard on the chameleons if it is done right. For the most part, they go to sleep when they are in the dark so they end up sleeping most of the trip.

Also, shipping allows you to pick from a breeder or from a sire that you really like. You are not limited to someone within your area that might not have the exact chameleon you are looking for or be able to provide you with the help and support you might need down the road.

I bought mine from Jason at Living Color Chameleons. My baby was shipped to me...came healthy and ate from my hand on day 2 with no problems. That showed me he took the time to handle and love on him while he was growing up.

NARBC is in Chicago (Tinley Park, specifically) the 11th and 12th of October. The vendors are listed here (http://www.narbc.com/Tinley/vendors_narbc_tinley_park.html); there may be a few bringing Panthers. The vendor list keeps growing, too, so maybe check back in a couple weeks also. Worth going to the show even if you aren't buying anything, I think.

There are a couple breeders who frequent the All Animal Expo in Wheaton, IL (http://www.allanimalexpo.com/allanimalexpovendors.html). I haven't been to that swap in a number of years, and I don't have any opinions about the cham vendors one way or the other.

I'm close

I'm in Mich, and it all depends on what colors you like , I have a few , have a look at my file , NosyBe and Amilobe, at this time , baby Jacksons coming soon, Chameleons by Eric

I just purchased my first cham from Chameleon Paradise. My guy is 7.5 months old and was super sociable with me from day one. When I open the cage he comes to me without coaxing. He also ate from my hand on day one. So for those that say you are less likely to get a super friendly cham from a professional breeder, I say not true based on my experience. I held three different cham from 3 month to 7.5 months from Cham Paradise and all were outgoing and chill.

I feel awkward handling my guy so much based on them being more of a display animal, but my guy is the one that initiates 99% of the contact. Once he's on my hand he bolts up my arm and won't let me put him back in the cage without a fight lol, so getting to work on time now has more challenges lol.

I recently purchased an Ambanja from Kammerflage Kreations, I highly recommend them. They have amazingly healthy animals, they all look great, and they have a huge reputation within the chameleon community.

Back
Top Bottom