Best multivitamin powder in U.S.? Michigan, Grand Rapids area, to be particular

changeling616

Hi all,

I am about to get a Veiled Chameleon. I see that most are saying that multivitamin powder should be used to dust your crickets or dubia roaches once a week.

I have not seen in my looking these threads yet what type/manufacturer/brand name herp multivitamin powder to buy. Does it matter?

I live in the U.S., Michigan, Grand Rapids area....

Rep-Cal Herptivite or Repashy Supervite.

The key is to get the powder, and not have a calcium/vitamin combo. Sticky tongue farms also has a vitamin, but its to be fed as a gut load the night before, not as a powder on the feeders.

I bought (and can return, if needed) something called Fluker's Reptile Vitamin. I could not find either of the suggested items at the pets store where I bought the chameleon.

Will Fluker's Reptile Vitamin be OK?

I bought (and can return, if needed) something called Fluker's Reptile Vitamin. I could not find either of the suggested items at the pets store where I bought the chameleon.

Will Fluker's Reptile Vitamin be OK?

I stopping looking at fluker's when their cricket gut load was 90% corn and soy hauls. I I looked into flukers reptile vitamin, and here is what 2/3-3/4 of it is; Dibasic calcium phosphate, kelp flour, oyster shell flour, calcium carbonate, bone ash

So there "vitamin" is mostly calcium and even has some D3 in it.

Now lets look at the first couple of ingredients of the others.

Rep-Cal Herptivite
Glutamic Acid, Aspartic Acide, Leucine, Valine, Serine, Lysine, Alanine, Phenylalanine, Arginine, Isoleucine, Threonine, Tyrosine, Methionine, Proline, Glycine, Cysteine, Histidine, Suncured Alfalfa, Dried Kelp, Calcium Carbonate

Repashy Supervite Vitamins: (, L-ascorbyl-2-polyphosphate, Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement, Niacin, Beta Carotene. Supervite also has some calcium carbonate but i do not know the quantity. All the powders have some calcium carbonate or it would not stay a fine powder, but its not used as a calcium ingredient.

Personally looking over the ingredient lists, i would go with herpivite.

I have Repashy Bug Burger (arrived yesterday after I ordered online). What kind of Repashy Calcium Plus do you recommend? Repashy Calcium Plus or Repashy Calcium Plus LoD? I know one local store carries Repashy products.

Not sure about the lod one I have only used the regular one with fantastic results so far.

Only one I know that's superior is sold through one of our supporters:

http://www.lightyourreptiles.com/miscellaneous-accessories/supplements/

Arcadia stuff is hard to find in the US- but he'll get your shipment out in 24 hours!
I'm pretty well versed in supplements and most of the stuff out there is very low quality stuff even for HUMANS- magnesium supplements for example in humans charge a 10000x markup for what amounts to grinding up wallboard for people to eat.

My advice is to get the Arcadia and don't overdo it- either a few specks a day on a bug or two or shake and bake 2-3 times a week in a cup of feeders. Look into separate D3. While you're at it call http://www.lightyourreptiles.com/ and get your lamps/bulbs from him (don't get the quad, he'll explain why)... it'll save you a lot of head/heartache in the future.

ANd jump on the bandwagon of variety variety variety in feeders- find your local reptile shows and pick up some colonies of roaches, experiment with what he will take. Josh's frogs usually has a decent variety but their selection is down to bare minimum right now.

I am trying to find some sources for a single vendor for butter worms, silkworms, hornworms, and some other stuff so follow my posts under the food forums.

Personally, I use Rep-Cal products. Plain calcium daily, Calcium with D3 twice per month (Every other week), and Herptivite twice per month alternating with the D3. Haven't had any issues with this schedule.

Back
Top Bottom