Best medium for panther chameleons to lay their eggs

RAFASTAR23

Hello everyone,
A while back a saw this awesome video by DEZ showing how to preapare a laying bin. Since then, the video is no longer available to watch. It says it is private. Anyway, I just wanted to know what the best medium is for a panther to lay her eggs. Is it play sand? Is it plain dirt? Is it a top soil mixure?
Play-sand seems to be very heavy, It would be hard for a chameleon to get out of it if the hole crumble down, whouldn't it? Top soil has sticks and other organic compost stuff, and I wonder how safe is it really for the chameleon. So which is the best and why? take into consideration this is specifically for panther chameleons.

Yes sorry about that. Youtube disabled my channel and I was not not aware. ReptileLove18 let me know.. Its back up now

Anyway.. you can use playsand...or topsoil... or a mixture of 50/50 sand and soil.

I been using the 50/50 mixture lately myself (or my girls have been I mean) and I like how it holds it shape for tunnels.

Top soil has sticks and other organic compost stuff, and I wonder how safe is it really for the chameleon. So which is the best and why? take into consideration this is specifically for panther chameleons.

The topsoil to look for is not the kind that has bark and stuff in it.. last time I went to get some I couldn't find the right stuff. and thats why I switched to the 50/50 mix

You want dirt pretty much..with no petemoss and no bark in it. The key is it has to hold a tunnel and not be too crumbly

Back
Top Bottom