Best Incubator for Eggs

NosyBe15

Hey Everyone. I have a female who will be laying some Eggs here in the next 2-4 weeks. Ive read on this site for a while and havnt come to a conclusion on the best incubator. Yes I know alot say keep them in a closet in your house, but I dont have a house, I have an apt with a crappy in wall AC. Right now its ok, but due to the 6-8 month incubation period, in the summer my APT gets way too hot to have anything around 72-74 degrees consistantly.

I need to get an incubator and I need to order it in the next week. Who has suggestions on the best one to get? Im not really worried about the cost, but what one should I buy? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I am not worried about it having to heat, it is going to need to cool to maintain the 72-74 Degrees for my NosyBe Panther Eggs.:)

Who use's what?

All you really need is a dark place between the upper 60s up to around 82 or so. So you can probably find someplace year round even in an apartment that falls in that range.

For example- in the summer check your floor temps. Have a hard floor (concrete, tile, linoleoum) anyplace (kitchen, bath, cupboard under a sink?) check the temp- it is much cooler down low and on hard surfaces than on carpet or up high.

Dark can be as simple as a cardboard box over your containers...

That is what I am afraid of. My apt in the summer gets up to the 90's in the day. Due to the fact that they cut down some big trees that use to shade my side of the building. So I would hate to have it get too hot right at the end of the egg's cycle and cause issues. And unfortuantely the whole apt is carpeted. Other then my bathrooms, but I wouldnt put them in there due to the long showers that I like. haha.

Which is why I am leaning toward an incubator. has anyone used one or any recommendations??? I see a few on Amazon, but would like to know if anyone has any suggestions other then finding a cool place in my apt.

That all depends on the size container you use and the spacing of the eggs.
But it will fit 38 standard 8oz deli cups(4.5" x 1.75")

Thanks for the suggestion!!! Yea that is a pricey one. hahaha. I was planning on the 500 dollar range. But if I have to go that route I will.. I have a 250 dollar amazon gift card laying around. Maybe I can find one of these on amazon.

Any other suggestions anyone? If not looks like Ill be snagging one of these.

Sorry, I am bumping this one more time before I drop the 800 on the one suggestion that I have had.

Come on... Someone else has had to have used an incubator for Panther eggs before.

Bump da bump bump bump da bump bump...

Go to lllreptile.com and check out the Exo Terra Reptile Incubator. I've heard they work well, and offer the cooling element your looking for. At a price of only $150 it's a steal!

Hope this help:)

Go to lllreptile.com and check out the Exo Terra Reptile Incubator. I've heard they work well, and offer the cooling element your looking for. At a price of only $150 it's a steal!

Hope this help:)

I've had 2 both malfunctioned and cooked my eggs. I would beware they can spike in temp and read a few degrees off the internal thermometer

I've had 2 both malfunctioned and cooked my eggs. I would beware they can spike in temp and read a few degrees off the internal thermometer

I hear you. That's why it's always important to put a separate thermometer in the incubator with the eggs. Some incubators will temp spike upon adjusting the temperature and is why you always want to give them a couple hours to level out the temp before placing eggs inside.

Best Incubator

I did a lot of research on this so here's my 2 cents.
The hovabator is generally rated the best for the buck.
All of them have issues with the digital thermostat which can be alleviated by purchasing an additional thermometer.
Now many people are correct, essentially all you need is Tupperware, incubation medium, and a closet and it will work.

BUT if you live in a very warm environment like me( all my lights and stuff make my apartment 80 most of the time), are new to breeding, not handy in DIY projects, love gadgets, and will be constantly fussing over the eggs, than an incubator will work for you.

You spend all that time, love, and money in raising and breeding your chams. I don't want to have an infertile clutch and wonder if I should've dropped $100 on an incubator...

I've seen some for $500 but I think that's not necessary.:cool:

I've seen some crazy ones for

Back
Top Bottom