Best dimming thermostat

AmandaS

Retired Moderator
As the title suggests, I am looking for dimming thermostats. Which is the best for single units, or multiple? In the long run Ill be doing 3 seperate set ups. (Or more if I get my feeder colonies going strong ? )

Herpstat makes ones that can do a single or multiple lights, heat pads etc. And can have different settings for each if needed. But they are fairly pricey.

Anything "dimming" is going to be less than 1000 watts, and be $125+. Any you might as go with herpstat since they have been doing dimming for 25 years.

If its not going to be used for lights, you can use the much cheaper hydroponic growth mats. If you want to go the "beer"/sous vide route, you can also get ones that will keep "something" dead on 1c for less than $20.

71LX6ydzyYL._AC_SX425_.jpg

61Gif5ddB+L._AC_SY450_.jpg

Definitely will be used for the basking lights.
Im not too worried about price. I want efficiency.
Would you suggest going with a pulse instead of dimmer?

Im just tired of my flippen lights clicking off when it gets warm enough. I want it to be able to be turned up and down gradually so my babies arent left in the hot dark.
And I need it to be reliable so it isnt reading a 5 degrees difference the actual temperature.
I appreciate all the feedback.

I have the herpstat 2. I love it! it will run two enclosures. Dimming with quite a few other features. Here is a video on the one I have...

They also make a few other models that will run even more basking fixtures Like the herpstat 4 will run 4. ;)

Alright, awesome. Looks like Ill be getting herpstats. 100% rating average on this thread. Lol
You will love it... I set my temp 2 degrees cooler then what I want basking to be. Because where Beman rises up off the branch it is hotter.

Back
Top Bottom