Bent veil on Veiled cham

Aventine61

i woke up this morning and my male veil had somehow bent his veil ( i guess thats what you call it) I know that there is a bone in there and i dont know how he did it or anything. What should i do??

i woke up this morning and my male veil had somehow bent his veil ( i guess thats what you call it) I know that there is a bone in there and i dont know how he did it or anything. What should i do??

its actually called a casque. and can you post a picture? side and front views are best.

sorry i wasnt sure of the name :(

here are some pics. im really worried about him
f93f763c.jpg

fbe11208.jpg

We use Tetrafauna Reptocal calcium supplement powder and Zilla Food Spray Calcium Supplement just as they are directed.

and yes we have a UVB light on him, i believe its ZooMed

We use Tetrafauna Reptocal calcium supplement powder and Zilla Food Spray Calcium Supplement just as they are directed.

and yes we have a UVB light on him, i believe its ZooMed

How often are you dusting his feeders? You should be dusting lightly with plain calcium (without vit. D3) every other feeding. Does the Tetrafauna dust contain vitamin D3? Use a calcium dust with D3 once every 10 days to two weeks. I think the food spray stuff is pretty worthless and you shouldn't need it in addition to the calcium dust. What I don't see is any source of herp vitamins. A good quality herp vitamin dust should be given about once a month. What are you gutloading with? Feeding your insects properly is most important...the dusts are gap-fillers, not the primary source of nutrition. And, you CAN overdose them. How old is your ReptiSun UV light? If over 6 months old replace it.

His cage is sprayed down every morning, and he gets ice on top multiple times a day, and he is drinking it.

The dust does contain D3, and I have been using it on his food twice a week, like the owner of the pet store advised me to. The spray is without D3, just plain calcium. He gets crickets now and then and they are gut-loaded with collard and mustard greens, carrots. We also put greens in the cage for him, and he does eat that. The UV lights are only a month old.

His cage is sprayed down every morning, and he gets ice on top multiple times a day, and he is drinking it.

The dust does contain D3, and I have been using it on his food twice a week, like the owner of the pet store advised me to. The spray is without D3, just plain calcium. He gets crickets now and then and they are gut-loaded with collard and mustard greens, carrots. We also put greens in the cage for him, and he does eat that. The UV lights are only a month old.

Everyone here will tell you, do NOT listen to the people at the pet stores. 9 times out of 10, they will not know what the heck they are saying, and the other time, they will get it only half right. You should dust, as Carlton said, every feeding with plain calcium (no D3), twice a month calcium with D3, and twice a month with multi vitamins.

Excessive D3 is just as bad as not enough. Both cause health problems.
I suggest you read what's on the following link:

http://chameleonnews.com/07FebWheelock.html

Back
Top Bottom