Beman for President, I mean staff member

The second time? When was the first? Maybe I didn’t write it properly. Just because I quoted your post I wasnt just calling out only you personally for this. I was calling out everyone.
Just just funny every time you “call ppl out” you use my post that’s all I’m saying. I’m an Elephant I remember everything

Just just funny every time you “call ppl out” you use my post that’s all I’m saying. I’m an Elephant I remember everything

Every time I use your post? I’m still not sure what your referring to but I’m not going to keep arguing about the context of my posts. Well just have to agree to disagree.

I highly doubt that salty was suggesting he should be a mod. Infact I think anyone who would make a great mod wouldn’t even consider suggesting themselves. I’m getting tired of seeing people on here that I respect picking on @salty dog. Even if you do feel your joking. He has even said in the past that he feels no matter what he posts someone will say something about it. That can’t be nice to wonder about every time you want to post something.
No, He was not suggesting himself... It came across as him slamming on me... Now, It has already been settled that I do not want to be a moderator. I never suggested myself either.

As females maybe we just take offense to certain things Salty posts differently then the men of the forum do. I have seen him shocked that a member would be pretty, comment on menopause, speak openly against a certain community and their rights, and comment on a woman's yeast infection. All of which as a female I do not feel has its place here. But the men never say anything. But when a woman jokes with him we are all the sudden being rude. I have seen other male members make comments of we must be PMSing... LIKE WHY WOULD THAT EVER BE OK?

This is exactly why I do not want to be a moderator. Everyone is soooooo sensitive. You can not give direct information without someone saying your rude. Heaven forbid you comment on another member even in a playful way. I don't know when the world got so serious. 99% of the stuff I let roll off my back. Others do not.

No, He was not suggesting himself... It came across as him slamming on me... Now, It has already been settled that I do not want to be a moderator. I never suggested myself either.

As females maybe we just take offense to certain things Salty posts differently then the men of the forum do. I have seen him shocked that a member would be pretty, comment on menopause, speak openly against a certain community and their rights, and comment on a woman's yeast infection. All of which as a female I do not feel has its place here. But the men never say anything. But when a woman jokes with him we are all the sudden being rude. I have seen other male members make comments of we must be PMSing... LIKE WHY WOULD THAT EVER BE OK?

This is exactly why I do not want to be a moderator. Everyone is soooooo sensitive. You can not give direct information without someone saying your rude. Heaven forbid you comment on another member even in a playful way. I don't know when the world got so serious. 99% of the stuff I let roll off my back. Others do not.
Your so hot when you yell at people!

Well I didn’t know about any of that stuff. I don’t follow all his posts. I just see him come into random threads and make a dumb post and people slam him. I was in no way making this an issue of the women on this forum saying stuff to him. I haven’t been keeping track of who calls him out for his comments. And no none of those things have any place on these forums.

I think people like to bash people except when it happens to them...thanks for sticking up for me...yeah I get bashed all the time here, although I pay no heed..just seeing how things unfold...I noticed on other forums I have seen moderator friendlies say whatever they want to people until the person defends themself then get kicked off lol... I'm observing and participating, I would never in a million years ever want to be a moderator, for the reason to have to be an ahole, that's the job of the moderator, the website police, I think it is a very hard job.. and feel for them at least on this site so far, I haven't seen any cronyism at least with the moderators. With me I love chameleons, that's why I'm here

Also by saying website police to me is not an insult, my cousin is a head police detective and my aunt is a sheriff, they are wonderful smart people with a tremendously difficult job

Just wanted to add my 2 cents about where this thread went a few posts ago... The problem with forums and text based social spaces is that the tone of the statement could be taken completely out of context to the point where someone may feel offended or on guard. You don't get the same verbal cues as you would when talking to someone face to face. For this reason, I try to not take things personally if it seems that someone is directing a negative comment my way. What I may receive as negative might not have been the intent at all. Again, just my opinion and my take on forums. My whole goal for visiting this site is to learn about chameleons and their care and, if I can, help others and pass on what this site and its members have taught me. Drama I try to scroll past.

With that off my chest I'm sure who ever becomes the new staff member will be able to enforce forums Code of Conduct fairly and unbiasedly. Looking forward to seeing who will fill that role.

@Lennoncham have you seen some of the rude comments salty has made in the past? Brody has called him out many times as have a million other members and my myself. It's not for no reason.

Not trying to argue here or throw anyone under the bus, what I'm saying is that, when you say crap, you get it back sometimes.

Last edited:
@Lennoncham have you seen some of the rude comments salty has made in the past? Brody has called him out many times as have a million other members and my myself. It's not for no reason.

Not trying to argue here or throw anyone under the bus, what I'm saying is that, when you say crap, you get it back sometimes.

I have seen some of them. I said that I have have also called him out. But really read his posts. I’m just assuming here but I feel as though there is something going on that makes him think of things different then most people on here. I just ignore most of his posts but I’m saying if you get attacked for most of the stuff you say would you change the way you post or would it get worse? I’m honestly surprised he still posts here. Most people that get called out as much as he does never come back. Now does saying rude and stupid stuff make his thoughts and opinions any less valid? Maybe. But does us saying rude things to him make our opinon any more valid? Absolutely not.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom